*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
7
14
21
28
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1067185-Fools-May-Be-Right
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1067185 added March 30, 2024 at 12:13pm
Restrictions: None
Fools May Be Right
Prompt:
"The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes." Let this quote inspire your writing today.


-------------

Sometimes, this world rewards the arrogant and punishes the humble and the vulnerable. Then the fool shows up and offers an alternate correction to this, reminding us that the greatest lessons in life are often learned not from those who always get it right, but from those who are willing to embrace their foolishness. The lesson is, one can grow from foolishness, but arrogance limits itself.

Even if occasionally but not often, when the fool is right, his wisdom gives himself and us a great gift. That gift is the opportunity to learn, to change, and to become wiser. The fool's being only sometimes right, then, is about having the humility to admit when he's wrong and his openness to consider new paths.

When all is said and done, I guess the quote is trying to make a point that humility sometimes or, in the long run, possibly always overcomes ego and pride.



.

© Copyright 2024 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1067185-Fools-May-Be-Right