*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1067301-Door-1---Do-You
by intuey
Rated: 18+ · Book · Action/Adventure · #2317215
A place where I fight to survive
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1067301 added April 1, 2024 at 1:10pm
Restrictions: None
Door #1 - Do You!


         A broken toy landed loudly on the sidewalk, sending a loud, echoing thud into the quiet still morning. Jasper lifted his head from the dumpster, wiped the sweat from his forehead, patiently bent down, plucked the broken toy from the sidewalk, and placed it in his bag. It was only seven a.m., and his bag was filled with hidden treasures.

A couple of the citizens of his small town walked by and saw Jasper at it again. Shaking their heads, they scrunched up their lips and narrowed their eyes. They made a dramatic action of walking a wide circle around him and his junk bag.

Jasper shrugged and kept right on collecting his treasures. He spent his days scouring the town for discarded items like old newspapers, soda cans, and broken toys.

He returned to his apartment, a smile plastered on his face, as he dumped out his colorful, eclectic finds. He'd work tirelessly to transform them into sculptures and installations. His creations were colorful, whimsical, and full of life. But to the citizens, it was just junk.

Jasper never waivered on his commitment to his art. He believed beauty could be found in the most unexpected places and was determined to prove it to the world.

Releasing a loud breath, Jasper loaded in the last of his creations. It was time to take them to one of the many art fairs he worked at. He always looked forward to intermingling with like-minded folks, and the approval of his art did his heart good.

When Jasper saw the thin man with a vest and monocule, his breath caught in his stomach. He knew exactly who he was! He was an esteemed art critic who had the power to change his life. The art critic slowly walked to each creation. He studied each piece with intense interest. He noticed the intricate details, the creativity, and the passion that went into each piece. When he was done, he walked over to Jasper. It was a discussion that was the beginning of a dream come true.

Jasper's work was featured in many art galleries across the United States. The interest in his work was widespread and continued to grow in popularity.

Jasper's determination to stay true to himself and his art had paid off in ways he could have never imagined. He had shown others that being different was a strength, not a weakness. And, in doing so, he encouraged others to embrace their uniqueness and follow their passions, no matter how unconventional they may seem.

Because sometimes, it's the misfits who shine the brightest.

(433 Words)

© Copyright 2024 intuey (UN: intuey at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
intuey has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1067301-Door-1---Do-You