*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1067305
Rated: ASR · Book · Activity · #907647
I will be keeping my Game Of Thrones Stories here
#1067305 added April 1, 2024 at 12:39pm
Restrictions: None
Road Less traveled By Lauren Alaina
For Got. The Road Less Traveled By Lauren Alaina

This song is pretty and has a good beat. I don't want to sound like American Bandstand. The little girl looks in the mirror. The adult woman wants to rebel. We get tired of being Miss Goody Two Shoes. The girls I worked with picked on me for being on the annual staff, Top Reporter in school and being in Junior Miss and Miss Indiana Teenager Contestant. I snuck out once to meet a boyfriend. I went out drinking with friends twice. I had a rebel side to me. My mother didn't like the boys I wanted to go out with. Dad was in Vietnam 3 of my high school years and my mother and I lived with her parents.

I wanted to be a good girl. When I went to the Catholic College, I behaved like a Nun. I had a couple of boyfriends. After college, things were different. I hung out with people I shouldn't have. I realized these people weren't the people I wanted to be. I behaved like a hippie. I like hippies but I didn't want to be one forever. I grew up in the 60's and 70's. Love and peace. I still believe in love and peace. I wear headbands with flowers and hats.

I got a job in Nursing and lived at home. I had lived on my own but you let friends move in and they take advantage of you. They rebelled against the world. I don't like the world but I am not going on protest marches and that. I didn't want to be a rebel. Not really. I quit hanging out with them. I didn't want a home in prison, that's for sure.

I met a guy whose parents had money but they didn't like me. Later, I met a prominent farmer's son I knew when I was in high school and we fell in love and got married. I am kind of boring. I stay home a lot. I had knee replacement and I just love to write. I still want to make the world a better place. I am not going to go marching on the capital building and try to harm the politicians. I just live a quiet life.

The video to this song. The song sings about rebellion. I watched it again. The singer is singing about eating disorders. She feels she has to be skinny. I was never skinny but I would never want to throw up after eating. I tried it a few times. It wasn't worth it. I didn't like throwing up. I dieted. I am just me.

I like the song. The road less traveled. I guess we go down all types of paths in life and we try to choose the right one. I go to Church and am a Christian and I am still trying to find answers to things in life. I traveled bad paths and never want to do that again. I will be boring and try to be healthy as I do the right things in life.This is my take on the song and my life.

528 Words
© Copyright 2024 Princess Megan Rose 22 Years (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose 22 Years has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1067305