*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1067626-The-Ghost-of-Martin-Mansion---Flash-Fiction
Rated: 18+ · Book · Activity · #2316916
House of Mormont
#1067626 added April 6, 2024 at 2:29am
Restrictions: None
The Ghost of Martin Mansion - Flash Fiction


Daily Flash Fiction Challenge  (13+)
Enter your story of 300 words or less.
#896794 by Arakun the Twisted Raccoon


Prompt

Word Count: 285



The Ghost of Martin Mansion


The wooden door creaked like a rusted gate when Natasha turned the brass handle and pushed it open.

"Do you think we should be here?" asked Olga, her BFF.

"Sure!" she retorted, "Why are you afraid?"

"Well...it is rumored it's haunted, and Mrs. Totson claims she's seen weird things happening in the middle of the night.

"Oh, Olga. Mrs. Totson is an old busybody and half-blind. Come on, let's have a look around. Let's start upstairs. That is where Mrs. Totson claims she sees the light move from window to window."

Natasha grabbed Olga by the arm and began to pull her up the stairs behind her. They were about to take the last step onto the second floor when a peal of deep laughter echoed throughout the old mansion. The two girls froze.

"Did you hear that?" Olga whispered, tightening her grip around Natasha's wrist.

"Yes," squeaked Natasha. Pointing to the middle of the three rooms occupying the second floor, she whispered, "It came from in there!"

Together, they inched closer to the middle door. Natasha placed her fingertips against the doorstile and slowly pushed it open.

Natasha gasped. "Come on, let's get out of here!" Upon hearing the girls, a masked man jumped up and yelled, "George! There are a couple of kids here, and they saw the loot on the table. Help me get them!"

Natasha and Olga fled down the stairs and out the door. They stopped at Natasha's house.

"Dad...the men that robbed the bank last week are held up in the old Martin Mansion. We saw them."




© Copyright 2024 Chrys O'Shea (UN: kb6vas at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chrys O'Shea has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1067626-The-Ghost-of-Martin-Mansion---Flash-Fiction