*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1067701-House-of-BW---Door-3---Raven-2
by intuey
Rated: 18+ · Book · Action/Adventure · #2317215
A place where I fight to survive
#1067701 added April 5, 2024 at 12:20pm
Restrictions: None
House of B&W - Door #3 - Raven #2
"April 5th"  
"Invasion

"A Visit With Five Newsletters"  

1. "Forgiveness

I picked this one because forgiveness is something really hard to do, but something that is so important, and perhaps one of the most valuable gifts we can give ourselves. Jeff's commentary was very informative and covered this. He also had a definition I truly liked, "to give up commitment or claim requital for." It's the setting aside of negative feelings or the desire for vengeance, carrying grudges, and resentments, and seeking to exact punishment for perceived wrongs can really change your own mental health and emotional stability.

2. "You and Your Soul

I picked this one because Kit's questions grabbed my attention. What is a soul? What do you believe a soul to be? Is it something material or immaterial? I believe our soul is our true self. The body is just packaging. I believe when we die, our soul leaves our body and heads for our eternal home. For me, that's heaven, where I'll be able to reunite with all my loved ones who have passed. I like this thought given by Kit, "While there is much I don't know about the soul. I do believe it is something that we should nourish. We look after our teeth, by cleaning them, and look after our kidneys by drinking enough water. As it is with other parts of us, so it is with the soul — it requires care to function at its best".

3. "Messages from beyond

Contacting the dead. Can we speak to the departed? This is a subject that has always fascinated me. I've had experiences since I was a child, so I know this is possible. However, I don't seek them out, because I'm aware that negative energies can come in their place. Arakun writes, "Rather you believe in the afterlife or being able to contact the dead, it's a great source for horror stories. Seances, ouija boards, and other means of contacting the spirits have been used in a variety of ways in previous horror stories and movies".

4. "Ancient Evil

From Gods, devils, and all creatures in between. We ourselves struggle with good and evil. Does true evil exist? The age-old fight between good and evil. The creatures that hide in the dark, in the shadows. We'd probably never sleep if we realized how many are out there. I definitely believe in true evil. I know it exists. Gaby writes, "We almost take good for granted, while we are very curious about evil. It doesn't make us bad people. It's our imagination with the dark side, and the need to explain it, understand it. And for any writer to be a good writer, we have to face our inner demons, even if it's with the written word".

5. "The Whole Truth

Writing a nonfiction story about yourself. Have you ever written an autobiographical short story? I picked this one because I have autobiographical writings in my port, and have always enjoyed reading them. Lilly notes that writing autobiographical stories isn't the same as making a blog entry. They must have certain necessary elements: Character - which will be you. Setting - a well-defined setting for the story you're telling, Theme - think about the overall theme, Climax - What is the high point of the incident you're writing about? You will need a buildup of action and a climax. And Resolution - This is where you tie up loose ends".

1. Enter "Daily Flash Fiction Challenge"
*BurstBL* Share the post so we can check
*BurstBL* Give us your written item as well


2. Visit Newsletter Archives
*BurstBL* Find five (5) different Newsletters - preferably different genres - from last year
*BurstBL* Post them in "The Tavern ~ Sit for a while and chat"
*BurstBL* Within that post, explain each in a small paragraph:
*Type* Why you picked it
*Type* What you liked about it
*BurstBL* Come back here and link to it

© Copyright 2024 intuey (UN: intuey at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
intuey has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1067701-House-of-BW---Door-3---Raven-2