*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1068036
Rated: ASR · Book · Activity · #907647
I will be keeping my Game Of Thrones Stories here
#1068036 added April 8, 2024 at 12:17pm
Restrictions: None
Lightning Bugs Are Fairies
Prompt: What if lightning bugs are fairies?

Adelaide lived with her parents in the woods. She was a child of the forest. She didn't know she was poor. She was happy. Adelaide's father was a wood cutter. They had enough to eat. She loved to play outside. She loved the birds and deer. The deer would let Adelaide pet them. She gave them apples.

Adelaide slept in a wooden bed made out of old tree twigs. She had heard of Princesses but never got to leave the forest. She was six years old and seemed happy. She knew a Princess was beautiful and an important lady but thought Princesses were a fantasy.

It was night time and Adelaide saw the lightning bugs . She loved watching lightning bugs light up. She got a jar and decided she was keeping one. She wanted to have light all the time. So, Adelaide got a jar and caught a lightning bug. She had to chase them and they were hard to catch. The one she finally caught. She put it in a jar. The lightning bug lit up green and blue. It was beautiful.

Adelaide ran back to the house and put it in her room on a rickey dresser.

"Help me. Please let me out."

"Who said that?" Adelaide was scared.

"Me. I am in the jar. I am a fairy."

"No you're not. You're a lightning bug. I caught you."

"Please. I need air. I will die if you keep me in here. If you let me out, I will make you a Princess. I promise."

" I don't know what a Princess is. They aren't real."

"Open the lid. I promise I won't leave. I will show you what a Princess is."

Adelaide opened the jar and a big castle appeared in her room. The castle was grey and blue and was by an ocean. A red headed woman with green eyes walked along the ocean wearing a long, blue pretty gown and a gold crown. She was wearing emeralds. Adelaide looked at the Princess. It was her all grown up!

"This could be you if you let me out. The lid is ajar and I can't fly out but I can show you my magic power like I just did. The Princess is you all grown up. Just set me free and you will have this castle and be a Princess. I promise."

Adelaide loved her parents but didn't want to leave them. She realized she was poor. The castle was beautiful and so was the ocean. She wanted to be a Princess.

"Alright, fairy lightning bug. I will let set you free but if you lied to me, I will catch all the lightning bugs and you will be sorry."

"I am not lying. I swear."

Adelaide took the lid off the jar and a blue mist appeared and she flew into the air. She felt like she was in a whirlwind. She landed by the ocean and the castle she had seen. She had a mirror and looked in it. She was a sixteen year old, beautiful Princess all grown up. The fairy kept her promise. Adelaide started to dance.

The King and Queen came out. They were her parents.

Adelaide danced and was so happy.

"Mommy and Daddy, you're here."

"Of course we are. We have always been here." Adelaide's mother hugged her and so did her father.

Just then the little fairy flew past. "Are you happy, my Princess?"

Adelaide reached out for the fairy and gently patted her. "Yes. Thank you. I love you."

Adelaide was a Princess now and her parents were royalty now. Adelaide married a Prince later and had the life of royalty. A lightning bug fairy had granted her wish. If only we all had a lightning bug fairy.

639 Words




© Copyright 2024 Princess Megan Rose 22 Years (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose 22 Years has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1068036