*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
7
14
21
28
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1068983-TV-or-Computing
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1068983 added April 17, 2024 at 12:28pm
Restrictions: None
TV or Computing?
Prompt: Which could you live without? Your computer or your TV?

------

This is not a tough question for me. I almost never watch TV anymore. As an aside, I just corrected my spelling of TV, which I had written as TB. I wonder if that was a psychological error. *Laugh*

Surely, this doesn't mean that, in the past, I didn't watch TV either. I did and a lot. But now, after I got used to the computer so much, TV became almost obsolete. And if I my internet, cell phone, and basic TV programs hadn't come in a bundle, I'd probably do away with the basic TV, which is mostly local channels that I turn on and watch the news, only while I eat supper.

Therefore, in a way, I'm already living without the TV, but I'd be lost without the computer as a connection to WdC, my friends, family, and other important areas of life. Of course, I should mention the negatives of the computer or rather the internet my computer is attached to. A downfall for the internet is the data-mining by companies. If done with good intentions and for the companies' own uses, I have no objection to it, but lately, data-mining schemes have become very powerful tools in the hands of the criminals who are committing some major crimes that the government is incapable to address.

Despite what we call cyber crimes, internet and computers in one form or another are here to stay. Then, at the end, it will not be just me and several others who are dumping the old friend TV. The dye is cast as a catching trend and there's no reversal for it.

I think, as much as the TV companies are resisting the new order, reversing the slide from the TV to the computer is inevitable where most TV watchers can now watch what they want on the internet, especially, because of the younger folk who have grown up with the internet and are so hands-on with anything that has to do with computer technology.



.

© Copyright 2024 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1068983-TV-or-Computing