*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1069443
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing · #2318545
A book to hold all writings from Game of Thrones.
#1069443 added April 22, 2024 at 10:28pm
Restrictions: None
Flash Fiction- Trust the Map
The rusty Jeep shuddered over a particularly nasty pothole, spraying dust on Maya's face. She coughed, squinting at the endless stretch of sun-baked desert road. "Are you sure we're on the right road, Reza?"

Reza, his weathered face etched with concentration, glanced at the crumpled map. "Positive. Shortcut to the Oasis of Tranquility. Saves us two hours."

Two hours of scorching heat and bone-rattling bumps were starting to sound appealing. Maya, new to the nomadic life, clutched the dashboard as Reza navigated the increasingly treacherous terrain. Gone were the smooth, well-marked roads from her old life. Here, the path was a series of guesses and forgotten trails.

Doubt gnawed at Maya. Maybe the guidebook was right, the Oasis a myth. Maybe they were lost. Just when she was about to voice her fear, a shimmer on the horizon caught her eye. It was a mirage, wasn't it?

Reza pulled over, a wide grin splitting his face. "There. Oasis of Tranquility."

Maya gasped. Palm trees swayed gently, casting cool shadows on a turquoise pool. It was real. Relief washed over her, warm and sweet. As Reza steered towards paradise, Maya realized the true value of the shortcut. It wasn't just about saving time; it was about the shared journey, the trust forged in the face of uncertainty. And that, she knew, was worth every bump and pothole.



Prompt: Write a story that includes the line "Are you sure we're on the right road?"
Word Count: 226
© Copyright 2024 Krista of House Mormont (UN: krista at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Krista of House Mormont has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1069443