*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1069727-Book-Recommendations
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing.Com · #2317180
Fire and Blood
#1069727 added April 25, 2024 at 6:49pm
Restrictions: None
Book Recommendations
Citadel task #23

Make a list of 10 books you’d recommend the community to read:

Word Count: 613

I like to read books for the following: the help me develop spirituality, help me develop as a person, stimulate my critical thinking skills, and sometimes I just need a great escape. I love writing romance, but it’s been a while since I read a romance. I think the last romance books I reader was Bridgerton books 1 and 2, but honestly, I was a tad disappointed in them. I did think book 2 was better than book 1. I enjoy reading Shana Galen as a romance writer, but I think my favorite romance writer was Jillian Hunter and her Boscastle series. But now, there’s my recommend book list. Mind you it’s my “right now” book list. It may change a year from now. We’ll see…

Enjoy!

#1 – The Thiaoouba Prophecy – This book was written in the late 1980’s with a postscript in 1993. The author was taken to the planet Thiaoouba. His guide, Thao, shared with him many spiritual insights that we can use today. It’s up to you to believe.

#2 The Thorn Birds
– The book is just as riveting as the 1980’s mini-series. The book showcases a family as they journey from New Zealand to Australia in the early 1900’s. It’s a true testament to the pioneer spirit. However, the number #1 issue it looks at is forbidden love and power of love.

#3 – Child of the Universe. This is another book that shares spiritual insights. The author under goes hypnosis with a QHHT therapist to try an cure a disease in her brain and discovers a life live as a princess of Lemuria. It is an insight to another time and place that existed. It’s up to believe.

#4 Queen of the Tearling – This is a great, entertaining book! I loved the characterization in the book – it reminded me of JK Rowling’s characterizations in the Harry Potter series. You really come to enjoy the good characters and ‘root’ for them and you come to detest the evil characters. Taken deeper, it’s a reflective look at our own society and how corrupt it is. In a way, it’s the opposite of the spiritual books I’ve read, but it’s a book that stimulates the reader’s critical thinking skills, and that’s the appreciation I have for it.

#5 – George Michael and Me.
– This book was written by Andrew Ridgely, the other half of Wham! A 1980’s pop group that I enjoyed listening to very much in the 80’s. It’s written a light, conversational tone, which makes it a very engrossing read. Andrew will share some of favorite memories and offer some insights into George Michael. It’s a pure, fun, fan read.

#6 – The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks – This is a biographical look of Henrietta Lacks, and what she did for modern medicine. Honestly, it’s a fascinating look at how she moved medicine forward, but it also looks at the bioethics at how she and her family was treated.

#7 – Boundarie
s – Because there are people in your life who have no respect for your boundaries. This is a great self-help book that will you realize what boundaries are and how you can set them so the people in your life know when they’ve trespassed over them.

#8 – The Giver
– A metaphor for today. When we become sheep, someone has to keep the bad memories. A dystopian look at the future.

#9 – Double Crossfire – I enjoyed this book for the pure action/adventure entertainment aspect of it. It’s a great escape if you want one.

#10 – The Complete Guide to Money
– This is another self-help book that really educates about money. The smarter you are about money, the better start you get in life.



Sigil for Game of Thrones 2024

Logo for Writing.Com Moderators - small.



© Copyright 2024 StephBee (UN: sgcardin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
StephBee has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1069727-Book-Recommendations