*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/131473-Hide-and-Seek
by RatDog
Rated: 18+ · Book · Fantasy · #274453
A Journal of my adventures in the world I inhabit while I'm asleep.
#131473 added November 3, 2001 at 2:58am
Restrictions: None
Hide and Seek
I am at a family reunion at my parent's house in Connecticut. Nick is outside with his cousins. They're playing a strange game of hide and seek where whoever is "It" must put on a crab costume, complete with large red plastic claws, and go hide. Meanwhile all the other kids cover their eyes and count to fifty, and then go look for him.

The kids are complaining because no matter who is "It", the other kids always find him easily, there's no challenge to the game. I volunteer to play, putting on the crab suit. "You'll have a hard time finding me!" I boast, waving a plastic claw.

The kids have all closed their eyes and are counting while I go looking for a hiding place. I'm shocked to find that the yard is completely open, no place to hide except for a small shrub on the northeast edge of the property. I hide behind it as best as I can, knowing it is futile. The kids finish their count and come running straight for the shrub, finding me easily.

© Copyright 2001 RatDog (UN: cyam_01 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
RatDog has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/131473-Hide-and-Seek