*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/138799-At-the-Credit-Union
by RatDog
Rated: 18+ · Book · Fantasy · #274453
A Journal of my adventures in the world I inhabit while I'm asleep.
#138799 added December 18, 2001 at 1:04am
Restrictions: None
At the Credit Union

I’m standing in line at the Credit Union. I have two personal checks to deposit: gifts from family. I reach the counter and realize I haven’t signed the checks. I pull out my pen, and can’t remember how to sign my name. I pull out my Driver’s License, look at my signature, and try to copy it.

I hand the checks to the clerk; she looks at me suspiciously. She asks to see my ID, then says my signature doesn’t match. I argue with her, tell her if I was trying to cheat the bank I would be cashing the checks, not depositing them. She‘s not convinced.

A young woman standing in line behind me tells the clerk she can vouch for me; I’m a fellow student in one of her classes. (I’ve never seen her before, and haven’t taken a class in years. I guess she’s just trying to be nice.) The clerk is somewhat skeptical, but finally agrees to process the transaction.

Note: A few days after this dream, I was at the Credit Union. I had two personal checks to deposit: Christmas gifts from family. As I stood at the counter to sign them, I flashed on this dream. It spooked me, and I actually messed up my signature on the first check! (No big deal, the clerk deposited them anyway.)

© Copyright 2001 RatDog (UN: cyam_01 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
RatDog has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/138799-At-the-Credit-Union