*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/158718
by Bookie
Rated: 13+ · Book · Sci-fi · #381531
A relcutant hacker teams up with an eccentric hottie to save the world...or blow it up.
#158718 added April 6, 2002 at 1:19pm
Restrictions: None
Silence is a Virtue. Someone sould tell Ken that.
Ken hadn't been told to break a code in a while. It was all, "Hack into this," and "readjust that." a nice hard code was exactly what Ken needed to unwind, and this code was defenitly hard.

The five monitors on Ken's desk all flashed a different set of numbers, each with a seperate pattern. Ken had isolated them in minutes, but that was the easy part. A bunch of jumbled paramiters and erronious decoding attempts sat next to the boy in a large paper pile, but he didn't need them, they just messed him up.

A small light flashed on, and Ken stoped what he was doing to take the call. It was a text messenger, heavily coded of course, but Ken could read it better than english. The text scrolled up the monitor untranslated, and Ken responded with a code of his own.

User1:<good morning.>
User2:<hello.>
User1:<What goes on>
User2:<i got a job.>
User1:<good. Any good Pay?>
User2:<no, just small part time>
User1:<is it Easy>
User2:<there's a glitch>
User1:<-how many>
User2:<one that i know. not difficult though>
User1:<still where is it?>
User2:<isn't important>
User1:<Doesn't matter where is it>
User2:<don't worry.>
User1:<tell Me. n0w>
User2:<i'm not sure.>
User1:<i'm coming Over>

The dialauge ended, and Ken hit himself. Why the hell did he just do that? He father was coming over now, and what was Ken going to do? Give him the wrong address? Yes, that's what he'd do, give his father the wrong address. Some random person would be bumped off and Tina would be safe and sound.

Of course, Ken couldn't do that, but he couldn't just hand Tina over. It probably would have been better if he hadn't said anything, but witholding information from Akimura Cho was not an intellegent thing to do.

Absentmindedly, Ken inputed the code his father had sent him that added a few hundred to his bank account.

:
:WE-D0O
:Transfer complete.
:700 added to account.

It was about enought to pay for rent and electricity, plus fifty for completing the last job. Sighing, he got back to the code, nothing in his life was ever right.
© Copyright 2002 Bookie (UN: bookgrl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Bookie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/158718