*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/158812-Acts-of-God
Rated: ASR · Book · Spiritual · #135312
Who are we? Where are we going? Should we even care?
#158812 added April 6, 2002 at 10:29pm
Restrictions: None
Acts of God
I may have said this before, but I'll say it again.

I've noticed that a lot of the time many events are classed under an Act-of-God. The holy books of the various religions of the world, miracles, super-natural phenomenon, crop-circles, even serious illness are some. As far as I'm concerned, God created the universe and that was an Act-of-God. Everything else is the Consequences-of-the-Act-of-God. God set the rules, God laid the foundations, and God started this massive experiment known to us as the Universe. If God ever had any direct involvment with the universe after the fact, then it would be imperseptable to us (at least right now) because of the scales on which it would be affected. It would be like a chemist adding a key ingredient to his experiment at just the right time. That act would seem to us the same as the affects of global warming as perceived by a bacteria.

If we are important in the universe, it's because we are alive. Not because we're human or the thoughts we have or the gods we worship, but because we are alive. If there's a goal to be had, it will be gained by the collectiveness of all life, not by the individual. Bacteria are only useful in numbers, after all. Of course, we are capable of so much more that simple bacteria, but God's perception of us would still be the same.

All I'm saying is that the even though strange and bad things may happen, God probably did not have direct involvment in them. He's too busy running an experiment to be fudging the results.


"I can't imagine a God who would care."
"Every moment we are alive is a moment that we have cheated Death."
Myself
Please read my journal "Late Night Philosophy

© Copyright 2002 SyntheticGod (UN: synthetic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SyntheticGod has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/158812-Acts-of-God