*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/167424-Their-Love
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #423609
All My poems
#167424 added May 16, 2002 at 2:30am
Restrictions: None
Their Love


There is a soothing wind blowing a cool breeze throughout the night, as two young lovers find themselves amongst the crowded city streets. Their eyes light up, enchanted by their lovers’ smile. The noise around them begins to become muffled by the rapid beating of their hearts.

They begin to move through the crowd, closer and closer to the warm, caring arms that are awaiting them just a few feet away. Their eyes never wander from each other, though people cross in front of them.

Then, as if no time had past, they are united and the rest of the world vanishes around them. He looks into her eyes and sees her heart. He knows right where he is supposed to be. She looks at him and yearns for his touch. She knows of the safety that his arms hold. They embrace each other, knowing the peace they share will help the rest of the day’s problems drift away.

Without saying a word, they turn and begin walking to their home. Their footsteps seem to move with each beat of their hearts. They need not say anything, just hold each other close. The silence they share is as enlightening as the fullest conversations they have had.

It is the unsaid story of their love and is treasured by both. Holding on to each other as tightly and lovingly as they can. They continue on their journey, making sure none of the outside world gets between them.

They come upon their little house, which is just outside of town, face one another and smile again. They have little to show for the hard days that they have spent working. But it never seems to matter once their hearts connect, and their little home becomes a castle filled with songs of love and laughter.

He opens the door, letting her walk in, but never letting her touch leave him. She enters the house and turns to him. They are now in their world and no one was going to enter. He reaches for her, their lips meet, embracing their love with open arms.


© Copyright 2002 Stormy Lady (UN: stormyrene at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Stormy Lady has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/167424-Their-Love