*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/169681-A-Trip-to-the-Police-Station
by Bookie
Rated: 13+ · Book · Sci-fi · #381531
A relcutant hacker teams up with an eccentric hottie to save the world...or blow it up.
#169681 added May 27, 2002 at 5:51pm
Restrictions: None
A Trip to the Police Station
The old wagon wasn't starting. Tina let out a loud curse as her car shook and groaned, but didn't start. Celine looked like she was going to have a nervous breakdown, and in desperation, Tina rammed the dashboard with all her might. Instead of starting up with a roar, the engine sputtered and died.

"No! Damnit, we're gonna have to walk."

The two girls got out of the car and looked around. The town they were in wasn't the best to be stranded in, and the police would be coming back any second with reinforcements.

"OK, we go the police station and see if we can get our purses back. Then-"

"Hell no. Girl, I am /not/ going to the police. They probably think we're accomplices or something."

"They're gonna find us anyway, they have our student IDs."

"I don't give a s***. I'm going home." With that Celine marched toward the house. Tina ran to catch up.

"Celine, we shouldn't be going to the house. It's not safe."

"Oh yeah? And why's that?"

"Those Japanese guys know where we live."

"What? How the hell did they find out?"

"Ken told them."

Celine stopped dead in her tracks. "How do you know?"

"Didn't I tell you? Japanese is a requirement for Asia Studies."

Celine grabbed her friend at the arms and shook. "What else? What else did he say?"

"Well, they said something about killing us, and there was a job or something they wanted Ken to do."

Celine stopped shaking. "Damn."

"Yeah."

"That kid really is messed up."

"Yeah."

"I guess we can't go back home or we'll get blown up or something."

"Yeah."

"Damnit girl! Say something else!"

"Let's go to the station." That got Tina a hard stare, but in the end Celine shrugged and changed course. They didn't notice the two shadowy figures already ahead of them.
© Copyright 2002 Bookie (UN: bookgrl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Bookie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/169681-A-Trip-to-the-Police-Station