*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/197830
Rated: 13+ · Book · Fantasy · #539038
I'm beginng to update again, so look forward to more stories!
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#197830 added October 9, 2002 at 1:46am
Restrictions: None
Day One
         It had been several years since I last stepped into the Interpol building. I was in the Interpol Youth Branch, Special Division. I was in the SD, as we called it, because of my Physic Powers. Physic in this sense, was used with broad strokes, as each of us had a different power. Some of them had telepathy and other forms of 'tele' powers. I too, had limited telepathy, but access was blocked and I could only communicate with my sister in Japan over a 3.5km radius. Don't ask me why, it's just the way the powers work.
         And there's those who have 'Spi-Physic' Powers. These are those who would normally be asked to work for the GS or GhostSweepers Div. of the Youth Branch. A lot of them took up the offer, but not many were posted outside Japan. Japan was the only country that recognised GS and besides, most of the other countries had the Magic Ministry. Those that didn't, like mine, had a loosely-regulated body that ounished whoever who stepped out of line veryseriously. They couldn't afford getting blacklisted by the Government. Because of the supersition of my people, the enforcement was fierce, although the rules were loose.
         I was among the lucky ones who was discovered by the Interpol section before the DarkLights, as we called them. They were the Light of Knowledge shining down on Darkness of Ignorance. We said that they were Darkness themselves. :p Hey, I was young!
         In any case, I was trained under one of the other GS in Japan (I can't disclose her name) and I was lucky to find myself classified as a Multi. This meant that I had multiple kinds of powers, although in differing amounts. I stopped working for the Interpol about five years ago, more because of studies than anything else. I'm 18 now, and Natalie, the new young Head of the Eastern Branch, thought that I was now mature enough to stand on my own two feet. She wanted me back, but I wouldn't go.
         I do have one teensy weenie prob though. I could never say no if they told me to give them a chance. Gods, I wished I'd never listen to her!

© Copyright 2002 Karen Rump (UN: priestess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Karen Rump has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/197830