*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/204102-Rain
Rated: 13+ · Book · Fantasy · #459487
This is not for the faint-hearted!
#204102 added November 5, 2002 at 9:06pm
Restrictions: None
Rain
         There was a huge storm yesterday after I had posted my last entry, so I was stuck in college while waiting for the rain to abate so my dad could pick me up. Don't get me wrong, very often the rains are not heavy enough than for most to simply dash through (and get rather wet in the process, which is what my darling bf sometimes does even though he has my mini-umbrella), but yesterday marked, as some people say, the beginning of the year-end monsoon season in Malaysia.
         Every season we have at least one storm like this, to tell us that the rainy season has come and please don't forget your umbrella or else your pay'll be deducted since it is *evil grin* the end of the year and if we're lucky we'll get bonuses and you might not since you were sick... You get the pic. ^_^
         Well, yesterday's storm was pretty horrible. What made it stood out from other storms was the fact that it caused more havoc than I'd ever seen in a long time. And because the storms always hit us when most of us were in school and there was no way we could avoid it, thanks to the genius that is our Minister of Education. Normally though, everyone would be safely inside a classroom or at home when the storm hit. I was at college, and a proof and/or testimony of the severity of the storm? Normally you could never hear the lightening in the building because it's too thick, but yesterday we could hear it loud and clear in computer labs, the place where the walls are the thickest.
         I love this country! :)

© Copyright 2002 Karen Rump (UN: priestess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Karen Rump has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/204102-Rain