*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/209547-Wagners-Back
by a_g_
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #181604
just your average... er... correction: just your normal... correction: me.
#209547 added November 28, 2002 at 7:29pm
Restrictions: None
Wagner's Back
My parents were cleaning out the attic, looking through things they haven't seen in "about thirteen years". (Don't bother deciphering that.) And my mom found a eight inch false white marble bust of the composer Wagner. That bust is now sitting on my piano. It is even weirder than Schubert. Schubert is small and you can't see him staring at you unless you are sitting at the piano. Wagner is bigger and glares at you wherever you are in the room. Not only does he glare, but he has a sneer. He's so disapproving and grumpy. That one I absolutely need to turn around so I can play. One of my brothers came into the room and made a detour to turn Wagner around because it was creeping him out. So Wagner's big white back is facing the room now. I have to admit, earlier this afternoon I loved the play of light and shadow on its face, but that was all. Then I turned it around. Maybe I'll try sketching it tomorrow when the light plays the same. I was never good at drawing people, but there were also art theory/drawing books up in the attic... And now there are two more books in my room.

Happy Thanksgiving!

The food was very good. We ate at 1:30 and it is nearing 7 and I am not hungry in the slightest. Big meal. My brother is such a better cook than I am. Years do not equate with anything besides age. Did you know that cranberries gel when cooked with sugar and water?

There was an X-Files marathon on today. I was happy about that.

I have a headache right behind my eye. I keep getting those.

Saw Phantom of the Opera the other night. It was pretty good. Went with a couple of friends and had fun.

(Had to stop using "I"s...)

(And to get back into that awful habit of using "I"s: ) I updated my site today. One new poem. I need to find more submissions... Is it just my imagination or has it REALLY slowed down?...

Some people definitely dive headfirst into the shallow end of the gene pool. We had 25 mph wind a few days ago. I saw people out raking leaves... Now I understand that they may not have any other time to do it, but really.

I wonder if the chemicals in turkey have the same effect in dogs as they do in people. My dog has been extremely lethargic today. He had more turkey than any of us, but my mom thought he may have been sick earlier.

All right, this morning I could remember none of the music from Phantom. Now I can remember it all.

I should go. Good night and

Happy Thanksgiving!

© Copyright 2002 a_g_ (UN: a_g_ at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a_g_ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/209547-Wagners-Back