*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/215851-To-all-the-Nice-Guys
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #577667
things I have learned along the way
#215851 added December 26, 2002 at 11:30pm
Restrictions: None
To all the Nice Guys
As someone who has dated both bad boys and nice guys I would like to clear up a bit of confusion on part of all the nice guys out there. There are a lot of nice guys out there getting passed over in favor of the bad boys and they aren't sure why. Let me tell you what I figured out from experience. Bad boys will lose out in the end. The type of woman that goes for them are those who have low self esteem and/or don't know who they are themselves. Like the bad boy they can present themselves as if they have it together. When I was at my least stellar I felt depressed and didn't really know what I wanted out of life. When a nice guy would ask me out I would ditch him after a few dates because I figured that if he really knew me he couldn't possibly like me and would leave ... so I had to leave 1st. I always went back to the other side. Bad boys know how to be charming and reel you in but don't really care about you. I would love the attention even if it was bad but I didn't have the strength to say enough already. They will keep you around as long as you let them run the show and you play the game. Slowly I started to get my life together and figure out who I was. It was then that I realized bad boys are just jerks out for no one but themselves... there's nothing macho about that. What I want is a nice guy who is caring yet strong enough to not let me walk all over him. A door mat is as bad as the proverbial bad boy. So to all the nice guys you don't really want a girl who is willing to go for the bad boy because you will put in all this effort and she will still walk (or run in my cases of past) away. When you come across a girl who is confident of who she is and what she wants she will appreciate you for the nice guy you are. The world could use more nice guys so don't go changing.

© Copyright 2002 red lady (UN: cayennepep at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
red lady has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/215851-To-all-the-Nice-Guys