*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/219985-scoping-out-exams
by a_g_
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #181604
just your average... er... correction: just your normal... correction: me.
#219985 added January 11, 2003 at 8:08pm
Restrictions: None
scoping out exams
I'm trying to figure out why I lack the motivation to do certain things. I have ideas, ambition, patience, talent, perserverence,and will. If I had motivation, I'd be doing great things by now. Or at least evidence that I've tried.

"You were born an original. Don't die a copy." I have no idea who said that, but it was in a friend's profile and I like it.

Physics builds. Everything we've done this year has been different wings of the same structure. I'm not that worried about the exam. We have all the formulae, and I can manipulate them well enough. The problems always seem to click after I get the tests back.

While I'm on the topic, let me critique my other classes.

Latin will be hard, but we have practically everything that's on it. The hardest part will be the translation (which we have the Latin text to in our books) and memorizing/remembering the verbs and the participles, subjunctives, and other lesser-used grammatical structures.

Civics seems like everything will be from our tests. I really did not like that class, partially because of the teacher, partially because of the material. I hope it's everything from our tests.

Trig/Precalc is up in the air. She's one of my least sadistic teachers, but her exam is 30 questions, multiple choice, no partial credit. One word: ouch. At least she said it wouldn't be any of the long problems we did.

English will probably be hellish. There is an essay on a book I read two months ago and hardly remember. We never talked about it after she assigned it. I have hardly learned a thing in that class, and our tests are always on nothing we've talked about. Not to mention I really don't like the teacher. But, of course, because of an outdated grading system, I have to get a 95 or above to keep an A in that class.

Theology should be easy as anything. It'll be my last exam. (Barring a snowstorm or emergency. For once I am wishing against snow.) She gave us all of the questions on the exam as well as the answers. As she was saying them (about a minute on each question) I was highlighting them on the old tests. How anyone does not do well in that class is beyond me. She's done that for every test, if only going as far as giving us the topics.

And for a complete change of topic, Davy Jones' Locker: http://ask.yahoo.com/ask/20000831.html

I have to go study. And look up some information.

© Copyright 2003 a_g_ (UN: a_g_ at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a_g_ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/219985-scoping-out-exams