*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/223468
Rated: 13+ · Book · Fantasy · #539038
I'm beginng to update again, so look forward to more stories!
#223468 added February 25, 2003 at 12:06am
Restrictions: None
Day Nine, Part Three
         As we boarded the plane, at least three of us kept a very close eye on Yokoshima. Kurama and Killua were holding his restraints, but I was not sure whether that would be enough to restrain him. Yokoshima was strapped in a straitjacket and his mouth was also bound. Even though the stewardesses gave us weird looks, we knew better. Due to the fact that Interpol was paying, we were travelling first class and had the whole cabin all to ourselves.
         "You guys are serious," Peter said as soon as we were all alone.
         "What's the big deal about this guy, anyway? It's not like we can't handle him," Yokoshima concurred.
         "If it were as simple as that, Koenma wouldn't have shrieked so loud," Botan said. Here's a fairly accurate description by one of the people working in Reikai during the incident:

         Koenma’s shriek could be heard throughout the whole building. In fact, it was, and then some. Quite a number of sprites waiting outside for their judgement were shocked, and not a few attempted to flee out of terror. The oar girls were doing their best to calm the sprites down, and after they did, Koenma’s fiancĂ©e walked through the long halls with Botan in tow. Both of them were actually more angry than curious; Koenma normally shrieked at the smallest things.
         This time, though, what had happened was no small thing. A missive, penned by an urgent hand, was in his grasp. It contained bad news of the highest degree. He knew that the wizard was powerless before, and the Makai would/could not do anything to help the wizard because the portal was closed, but now it would be different story. Once he found out about them and them him…


         "She does have a point." Kurama said.
         "Hn." (Hiei of course. Who else?)
         "This doesn't concern us in any way, Sukina-chan," Killua said.
         "Not now. Are you going to wait until he enslaves your..." she stopped short of saying family, knowing how he felt about them, "Whole being? He doesn't just stop at your family. He won't stop there. He had already enslaved many and was on the verge of..." I suddenly clapped my hands over my sister's mouth. There was no need for them to know that yet.
         "On the verge of what?" Botan asked.
         "Finding a way to enslave human minds on a mass scale," I lied quickly.
         "Natalie-san asked me and Clapika to find out about the Eye of the World. She said that you would appreciate the information," Gon interrupted, holding the sheaf of papers like a peace offering.
         I looked at him in surprise. In another few minutes, I would have launched myself at the next person who doubted our words, and here was Gon, reading the situation correctly, or maybe Clapika, I amended to myself as I caught the young Kuruta breathing a sigh of relief. As things settled down, somewhat, I moved over to another part of the cabin and proceeded to read the papers Gon had so kindly given me. There was nothing much in there that I did not already know.

© Copyright 2003 Karen Rump (UN: priestess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Karen Rump has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/223468