*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/224835-relaxation
by a_g_
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #181604
just your average... er... correction: just your normal... correction: me.
#224835 added February 1, 2003 at 9:59pm
Restrictions: None
relaxation
Many set out on journeys... some do not return. A moment of silence for the astronauts.



...




And, for a complete change of tone, a friend sent me a link to an edited version of Bush's State of the Union address. It's six megabytes, so it takes forever to load, but it's hilarious (not to mention extremely well done): http://homepage.mac.com/scotttf/.Movies/union.mov

I spent most of the day writing, reading, and generally organizing my writing stuff. It's a shame I have to do homework and studying tomorrow, or else I might actually have gotten something done.

My brother was studying WWII with my mom the other day. Every time they got to a certain date in history I would blare the chorus of "Springtime for Hitler". My mom didn't catch on the first several times and actually yelled at me to turn my music off. When she got it, though, she started giving me cues (like over-emphasizing "June").

It never occured to me that most people do not use the word "traipse" in everyday conversation.

"We're going to end up traipsing into Red Lobster with our backpacks and bags."
"'Traipsing?!'"
"Yeah, 'traipsing,' 'traipse.' What's wrong with that?"

I came to the realization today that I really do have some excellent ideas for stories. I wish I had the motivation to work with them though. Maybe I'll be able to write more on the one tonight...

I was at the library the other day and got actual novel-like books: "Neverwhere" and "American Gods" by Neil Gaiman, "Purgatorio" and "Paradisio" by Dante Alighieri (translated, of course, I'm not completely insane), "The Fifth Elephant" by Terry Pratchett (comedy to balance everything else), "House of Leaves" by Mark Danielewski, "Pastwatch" by Orson Scott Card, and "The Jungle" by Upton Sinclair. I probably won't be finishing most of them, but I was extremely optimistic. Besides, I need a good variety to chose which novel I'll do an English project on. (Right now, the ones I will probably finish are the Neil Gaiman ones, the Terry Pratchett one, and House of Leaves. Not to mention "Mothman Prophecies" which I already had out.)

Wow, it's ten o'clock already.

Going to go read now. Good night.

© Copyright 2003 a_g_ (UN: a_g_ at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a_g_ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/224835-relaxation