*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/227349
Rated: 13+ · Book · Fantasy · #539038
I'm beginng to update again, so look forward to more stories!
#227349 added February 12, 2003 at 10:21pm
Restrictions: None
Day Twelve
I have no idea what happened to me right after the duel, so the following narratives will be in third person, as narrated by my friends after I'd recovered. Thank you.

         "Thank you," Sukina said to Dangerfield. He'd transported Malfoy to the nearest hospital after he'd hit that tree on his way to unconsciousness.
         "Is she going to be fine?" he asked her.
         "I think you'd better be the one to approach her, Sukina-chan. She doesn't look too rational at the moment," Clapika said.
         "That's an understatement. Do you want me to accompany you? Maybe I could help by giving her a sedative," Kurama offered.
         Sukina was on the verge of declining when she saw Naoko/Karen still crying. "That would be appreciated," she said. She did not mention that she had never seen her sister like this before and that she had no idea how to cope.
         She approached Naoko carefully, humming softly. Whenever her sister woke up from a nightmare, which was rare, her humming and singing always had managed to calm her down. "Imouto?" Naoko asked as they came closer. She recognized the blond haired girl whose face was full of compassion, but not the other. He reminded her of a fox, but she knew that human foxes were far more deadly and seductive. Now, how did she know that?
         "I killed Rikuho," Naoko said, her voice terribly small.
         "He lives on," Sukina said. She knew more about Shikigamis with the exception of her sister and the other hereditary Shikigami Mistress and Masters. Sukina was not a Shikigami Trainee though.
         "There'll never be another one like him," her sister said, "But you must go on. He knew the price and the risks when he signed up with you," she continued.
         Naoko's eyes narrowed. "I did not sign them up, little sis. You know as well as I do that they have no choice in the matter," Naoko's tone was frosty.
         "Those that stayed even though you gave them freedom, they had no choice? You underestimate your potential with them," Sukina chided lightly.
         Naoko began to cry. Nodding to Kurama, the red-haired man moved quickly, a thorn hidden in his hand. Just before he pricked her with it though, she caught him and threw him off-balance. He flew a good three metres away. "I'm not dumb, kitsune," she called him a fox, "But I'm not that smart either. I'll go along..." Naoko whispered softly. She walked to Sukina, a defeated stance apparent. When she reached her sister though, she threw a light-hearted grin at Kurama over her shoulder. Kurama shook his head. This was no ordinary Ninjen. Who knew? There might be some fun here after all. His grin was wolfish rather than foxy. :)

(Filler until I get an idea for the next chapter. Idle conversation)

Kirua: I hope I don't ever meet you on the opposite side.

Karen: I'm not that bad.

Dangerfield: You nearly killed him!

Yokoshima: Unfortunately, she didn't.

Dangerfield: Are you all mad? If she did, we'd be in serious trouble!

Hiei: Hn. She would not have killed him for besmirching Sukina's honour.

*Everyone looks at Hiei, including Karen*

Hiei: (continuing) I would.

*Everyone sweatdrops.*

Sukina: He's a nice boy, isn't he? *smiles pleasantly*

*Everyone slowly backs away from Hiei*

Clapika: Are they always like this? (to Botan about Hiei)

Botan: Only other person he's so nice to besides Kurama is his.. phmphf! (Mouth is being closed with Sukina's hands, looks fearfully at Hiei.)

Clapika: ????

*Botan and Sukina grin at him.*

Kurama: Phew! *sighs!*

Gon: (To Kirua) Are you still hungry after that ice-cream?

Shuura: You guys had ice-cream? What's that?

Peter: There's a nice restaurant not far from here. I saw the food. The flowers are fresh too.

Shuura: What's ice-cream?

Karen: Fine, I'll pay for lunch. I'm hungry!

Shuura: WHAT'S ICE-CREAM???!!!!!!

*Sukina whispers something in his ear and he immediately shuts up, looking at her incredulously. There is something in Hiei's eyes that is unreadable*

Hm......

:p

© Copyright 2003 Karen Rump (UN: priestess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Karen Rump has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/227349