*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/228916-Morning-or-Evening
by Circe
Rated: 18+ · Book · Friendship · #589633
This would be my journal...
#228916 added February 22, 2003 at 7:57am
Restrictions: None
Morning or Evening
Just a quote from Return of the King I adore:

In three days, as the King had said, Eomer of Rohan came riding to the City, and with him came an eored of the fairest knights of the Mark. He was welcomed; and when they sat all at table in Merethrond, the Great Hall of Feasts, he beheld the beauty of the ladies that he saw and was filled with great wonder. And before he went to his rest he sent for Gimli the Dwarf, and he said to him: "Gimli Gloin's son, have you your axe ready?"

"Nay, lord," said Gimli, "but I can speedily fetch it, if there be need."

"You shall judge," said Eomer. "For there are certain rash words concerning the Lady in the Golden Wood that lie between us. And now I have seen her with my eyes."

"Well, lord," said Gimli, "and what say you now?"

"Alas!" said Eomer. "I will not say that she is the fairest lady that lives."

"Then I must go for my axe," said Gimli.

"But first I will plead this excuse," said Eomer. "Had I seen her in other company I would have said all that you could wish. But now I will put Queen Arwen Evenstar first, and I am ready to battle on my own part with any who deny me. Shall I call for my sword?"

Then Gimli bowed low. "Nay, you are excused for my part, lord," he said. "You have chosen Evening; but my love is given to the Morning. And my heart forebodes that soon it will pass away forever."



¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ ¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·*`·-»Circe, The Fallen Goddess
(¸.·.

"Begone, if you be not deathless! For living or dark undead, I will smite you, if you touch him."-Eowyn -RotK

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#566599 by Not Available.


"Sam will kill me if I try anything..."

Part 1 of my Vampire/Fallen Angel series
 Prologue  (E)
The Angel Gabriel's expulsion from Heaven
#541042 by Circe


 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#531047 by Not Available.




© Copyright 2003 Circe (UN: circe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Circe has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/228916-Morning-or-Evening