*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/229376-tedious-changes
by a_g_
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #181604
just your average... er... correction: just your normal... correction: me.
#229376 added February 24, 2003 at 11:04pm
Restrictions: None
tedious changes
That Latin project took me two hours longer than I expected. I expected it to take me an hour at most. I'm too much a perfectionist. The details were bugging me, so I tweaked it until they were as good as I'll ever get them, without going crazy. And I'm almost going cross-eyed from doing the font down to the pixels. The picture looked gorgeous on the screen, but the words were too pale, so I had to bold them--manually. So that took me a good half hour alone (at least). And that's after finding the perfect pictures to put together. I couldn't believe NASA's site was so hard to find pictures on.

My final Latin picture is the silhouette of a couple dancing (the Tango or some passionate dance) on a background of stars and what looks like the aurora borealis. The poem is superimposed on the lowest part of the picture.

I've had so many conversations recently about dreams. All of the sudden too.

For some reason a line from "Rebel" just came into my head. "Pallid virtue's sidelong looks..." No idea why. That was completely out of nowhere.

Crap, forgot to practice anything this past week. I told myself I'd do it tonight, then I ended up spending too long doing this project... Argh... I hate to disappoint either of them, but it's too late to do anything now. Maybe I can go through the fingerings at least... That's quiet enough not to wake anyone...

There's a lot I want to write, but I'm too tired... Too closed tonight to write anyway.

© Copyright 2003 a_g_ (UN: a_g_ at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a_g_ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/229376-tedious-changes