*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/230190-Cymanfa-Ganu
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #611977
Just my Journal, a few opinions and stuff.
#230190 added March 2, 2003 at 1:28am
Restrictions: None
Cymanfa Ganu
I am Welsh. Or at least part Welsh. And I'm proud of it! Today we had a Cymanfa Ganu (pronounced kimanva ganee) with the Cambrian Society of Canterbury. It was pretty cool, all these Welsh people standing together and joining voices in song. The saddest part was that the majority of the congregation was over 40. Me and my sisters were the youngest ones there. People today just don't really care about their heritage, or if they do, they don't want to do anything about it. I think I will join the Cambrian Society at some stage, I'm not sure when, but soon. I want to honour my grandfather and his ancestors, and the rich heritage of music that has been passed down to me. It's sad that there aren't many like me.

To be born Welsh is to be born Privileged.
Not with a Silver Spoon in your mouth,
But with Music in your blood
And Poetry in your soul.


~Assena x^_^x

-- Pervy Hobbit Fancier


'"For when you are older, you will learn that folk are not always what they seem; and though you may have taken me for a soft stranger lad and easy prey, let me warn you: I am not, I am a halfling, hard, bold and wicked!" Pippin pulled such a grim face that the boy stepped back a pace.'
~ROTK


"... though I am but four feet, and not likely to grow any more, save sideways."
~Pippin, ROTK

© Copyright 2003 Sena is Spider-Girl! (UN: sena at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sena is Spider-Girl! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/230190-Cymanfa-Ganu