*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/231339-An-entry-for-Rose-Marie
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #464720
You supply the reading. I'll supply the writing.
#231339 added March 8, 2003 at 10:51pm
Restrictions: None
An entry for Rose Marie
Hello to all the Thumbs and Suckers out there.

It's late Saturday night and I have a sink full of dirty dishes waiting for me. I lead such an exciting life don't I? Sorry to shatter any illusions.

I didn't realize I had a journal fan. This entry is for Rose Marie...who also happens to be a very talented writer here at this site. She's a natural storyteller folks.

Now what was her handle again? Screaming Chipmunk?...No...That wasn't it....Dribbling Duck?...Nope...Something to do with flowers I think...Morning Marigold?...Naw...Rose Marie!!!!...That's it! Her handle is rosemarie

It seems Rose has been quietly reading my journal for sometime...I thought I noticed cookie crumbs on some of the entries.

Okay...What to say then? Perhaps I should introduce myself to Rose Marie...

Hello Rose Marie...(I usually try and talk with a deeper voice when I meet a lady for the first time)...Can you tell the difference Rose?...How about NOW?

Anyways...

Lets see...Some inside stuff about the Thumbsucker that isn't widely known...Hmmmmmmmmmm...

I used to be a cannibal. It was great for meeting new people...and I always got the last word...but eventually I found it unfulfilling so I became a vegetarian. Now I find I'm attracted to stupid people for some reason.

I'm also attracted to free spirits...active nature lovers...and yodellers. Actually...now that I think about it...yodelling doesn't really turn me on all that much. Best forget I mentioned that Okay?

Things that bother me?...Hmmmmmmmmmm...Riding in the trunk I always find annoying...Parole boards and judges that expect me to stand...Theme park and movie attendants that won't believe the ages I say my kids are...Sharing my toothbrush with strangers...Yodelling...Other than that I'm pretty easy going.

Things that don't bother me?...Hmmmmmmmmmmm...I guess this would be the exact opposite from the things that do bother me...so that would mean...I must like riding on top of the trunk...(I can't say as I'm too crazy about that either)...Parole boards and judges that expect me to... um...er...Nope...parole boards and judges bother me no matter what...Theme park and movie attendants that will beileve anything you tell them...NOT sharing my toothbrush with strangers would have to be number one on my list of things that don't bother me...and finally...Yodelling...What's the opposite of yodelling?...Gurgling?...Gargling?...Nope...They bother me also...especially when I've snuck into a movie with my boys and I'm trying to watch the show...or if the judge asks me a question...(I haven't met a judge yet that doesn't think everything he says is important and should be listened to)...and I feel the need to gurgle or gargle instead of listening...that's never good...or so they keep telling me.

Well there ya go Rose...that was for you. I hope you don't mind me dragging you into this journal entry. I always like to have a human shield with me...just in case.

If I've offended anyone with this entry...

judges...screaming chipmunks...yodellers...

I'm terribly sorry for your pain and suffering. Please see the attendant on your way out and ask for a complete refund...

I tell ya what...For today only...I'll give you double your money back...

of course you didn't pay anything to get in here did you?

and you think I'M cheap for trying to sneak my kids in for half price...










** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only ** ** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

© Copyright 2003 Thumbsucker (UN: thumbsucker at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Thumbsucker has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/231339-An-entry-for-Rose-Marie