*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/231498-Hey-Pig
by Dris
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #451445
A chronicle of my life starting from June 21, 2002.
#231498 added March 9, 2003 at 11:34pm
Restrictions: None
Hey Pig
March 9, 2003


         Well, it's been quite a day. Remember my last post? I haven't slept once since then, and I'm friggin tired. I've been up nearly 36 straight hours by now. I read somewhere that only 48 hours without sleep will make you hallucinate. That's a goal I'll try for sometime when there's no school for a while. Like this coming Spring Break.
         I've always wondered what it would be like to hallucinate. My mom told me about the time she and her friend had some "magic shrooms" with their pizza. She reported that the wallpaper was 3D, and watching Emeril on TV was thousands of times funnier than normal. There were also symptoms typical with tripping, such as short-term memory loss and general goofiness.
         Not that I'd ever do shrooms. I've sworn myself against all drugs and alcohol. I think that, while not quite healthy, hallucinating through deprivation of sleep is quite a bit safer and such. Haha. Here I go, talking about the most healthy way to get yourself to see things that aren't real. What's wrong with me? Haha.
         Anyways, on to the main subject, if such a thing can hold its own in my journal's world of random, wavering thoughts. Spring Break is coming very soon. Five more school days away! Ah...And then there's only one fun-filled (cough) quarter left in my sophomore year! I think next year will be much more fun, on account of the more interesting classes I'll be taking.
         I nearly forgot to mention why I've been up. Last night, I began what I thought would be a menial task: making the CD covers for the Lord of the Flies Soundtrack I'm doing for an English project. Turns out, I changed my original idea to a new one: using Photoshop 7's amazing paintbrush tools to "paint" a forest scene in all two-tone black and white. It would, of course, feature a large fly. I added drops of water to the surface of the "canvas" for a touch. The back was the same minus the water drops, and the fly moved. The forest is also on fire. Still two-tone, except the smoke and fire. It has a kind of cool effect.
         My point? Last night, I expected to get that done, as well as a substancial portion of the website. Didn't happen. In fact, I finished the whole thing about two hours before church started, having worked a good six or seven hours on it. I overdid it. I would have made an A spending a half hour on my original idea. But I like overdoing these kinds of assignments. I actually enjoy them, and I like being able to say I'm proud of the outcome. Plus, the CD's songs are actually songs I'd listen to. It's a pretty good mix, actually.
         Enough. Recommended listening: Further by Pillar. The chorus is absolutely mezmerizing. Did I spell that right? It's too late to care. Goodbye, and enjoy the final stretch to Spring Break!

~ Dris ~

© Copyright 2003 Dris (UN: dris at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dris has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/231498-Hey-Pig