*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/232055-Day-Fifteen
Rated: 13+ · Book · Fantasy · #539038
I'm beginng to update again, so look forward to more stories!
#232055 added March 17, 2003 at 12:43am
Restrictions: None
Day Fifteen
         The man now seemed more familiar to me... Quite possibly due to the fact that his clothes were now in much less evidence than when we first met him. For some reason, him with less clothes seemed more familiar than him with more clothes. I don't know why, I tend to remember people better when they have more clothes on.
         "Thank you. My companion," he hesitated when the griffon shook its' head, "and I thank you for your help," the man said in response to Peter's greeting to the griffon.
         "I am Professor Severus Snape, the Potions Master of Hogwarts," he continued. It immediately kicked my sleepy brain into overtime.
         "AH!" I said loudly, even louder than Botan would. How could have I forgotten? Wait, I could have forgotten. I didn't want anything to do with this guy, even for the sake of Barb. It was... HORRIFYING!
         Severus Snape was much more charming when he was wearing clothes. I mean, the dark eyes, midnight hair and black (now-torn) robes did much to enchance his "Don't play with me" air, but him without clothes... Was without any attraction for me. I loved my dear boyfriend and he was more attractive than him, but I'm prejudiced. If Barb liked him though, who was I to gainsay her?
         The others were looking at me. My exclamation had shocked them. "You're the guy who... Never mind," I said, having the effect of making all of them fall headfirst to the floor. Shouts of "Naoko-chan!" and "Onee-chan!" were thunderous. I just smiled sweetly and said, "Nani? (What?)"
         "Shall we leave?" Kurama sighed.
         "In a moment. Do we burn these or what?" I asked, pointing at the demons.
         "We should, I suppose. I don't think Dumbledore-sama would like it if we left them here to rot," my sister replied.
         "They'll also mess up our chi readings," Peter concurred. Though they were dead, they were also a homing beacon for other demons. They attracted a lot of negative 'chi.' In Makai that would not be a problem, but it was one here.
         "Burning them would create a whole new prob," Clapika pointed out. "The smoke and all... and it wouldn't solve the problem of the beacon for the others," he said. That boy was more well-versed in arcane arts than I thought!
         "Purification?" my sister asked.
         Purification referred to a technique where an area was purified of all negative elements. The problem with this technique was that it did not differentiate between friend and foe. Demons or youkais were also termed evil, and in this case the technique would kill them. We didn't want that.
         "We can't use Purification here. It would just expand and destroy the whole Forest," I said.
         "Well, what do you suggest we do?" Professor Snape said.
         "Why not bury them?" Gon said.
         "Thanks for that great idea!" I said as several bells immediately went on in my head.
         "Move about five metres back. Whatever you do, don't come back here. I'll join you when I'm done," I said.
         "In that case we'll leave first," Snape said, climbing gracefully atop the griffin, as though he had done it a thousand times before.
         I could sense my sister trying to get into my mind but I firmly locked it against her. What I was about to do was something that my sister did not like me to do, even though it was well within my powers. She can be rather prejudiced at times.
         "We'll head to Hogwarts then. Can you follow our trail? Kurama asked.
         "I'll even wipe it out as I follow it. Will that be okay?" I said sarcastically. Hiei was still sitting in a tree.

© Copyright 2003 Karen Rump (UN: priestess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Karen Rump has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/232055-Day-Fifteen