*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/232720-Erin-go-bragh
by a_g_
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #181604
just your average... er... correction: just your normal... correction: me.
#232720 added March 17, 2003 at 6:14pm
Restrictions: None
Erin go bragh
We had a Saint Patrick's... er... Ides of March party in Latin class today. Essentially did nothing for the entire class. In history, we couldn't convince the teacher to let one girl Irish dance. I don't think he believed us when we said she was world-class. (She is.)

I'm putting together an Irish-themed playlist, or at least seeing what songs would go on it. So far I have a ton of stuff by Afro-Celt Sound System (who, I've just learned, have renamed themselves to AfroCelts), the Cranberries, U2, and Barrage (world fusion stuff). I'm going to add the Godfather theme.

Right now, Saint Patrick's Day is my defense mechanism. Would you rather I obsess over the impending war? I'm sorry, I tend to dwell on things.

Oh, correction to my last post from yesterday. I forgot Portugal's flag.

I want to hear Bush declare war, but the Honors Convocation is tonight. Being inducted into National Honor Society, Mu Alpha Theta (math honor society), and Latin Honor Society.

The problem with being "invisible" arises when you want to be seen and heard.

Apparently, one of my brothers knows the Godfather theme. It goes on and he says in a horrible Italian accent, "Never mess with the family."

You'd think that McDonald's would not run out of "shamrock shakes." Two out of three did not have it. Third time's the charm.

Why do they call it the "luck o' the Irish?" To my knowledge, the last time the Irish as a people were lucky was when the Romans did not invade. Of course, luck is relative. It can always get worse.

Looking through my old MP3 CDs. Wow, I'd forgotten I had downloaded a lot of these. I have some really good ones I had forgotten about. If I like enough of the music from a certain group, I buy the CD. I don't think I've ever bought a CD for one song.

"The world is a vampyr,
Sent to drain..."
from "Bullet with Butterfly Wings," Smashing Pumpkins (One of my old downloaded songs.)

The pastor's still in the cardiac unit. No word on my little old lady next door. No word on the woman down the street.

Having a conversation that's bringing me back to thoughts of the war.

I pray everything turns out all right.

© Copyright 2003 a_g_ (UN: a_g_ at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a_g_ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/232720-Erin-go-bragh