*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/233101
Rated: 13+ · Book · Fantasy · #539038
I'm beginng to update again, so look forward to more stories!
#233101 added March 20, 2003 at 12:35am
Restrictions: None
Day Sixteen, Part Three
         "Iya, Onii-chan! Don't!" I cried in anguish.
         "He betrayed us," my elder brother said.
         "Onii-chan, oneegai (please)," Sukina said, her voice heartbreakingly full of tears. It tore my heart and I knew for a certain it tore my brother's as well.
         "He would kill you," Onii-chan said.
         "But only because he has no choice. Please, Onii-chan!" I said, clinging to his outstretched right arm. Sukina followed suit. We were both looking and pleading with him.
         "Naoko, Sukina, let go," he said, his voice soft as they would only for us.
         "Iya!" the both of us said, empathically shaking our heads.
         The bright blue flame burst out from his hand. It forced Sukina to cling to me and I hugged her tightly, tears coursing down our face. The man had been entrusted to look after us and it was a job he did well, until we found out that he had been betraying us. Onii-chan took it upon himself to 'remedy' that. Yet this man was once a loyal servant of his.
         "Arigato, Kureei-sama..." we heard the man's voice as he was burnt to a crisp.
         Something dropped on Sukina's bare left shoulder. She didn't cry out in pain, but looked up to where the drop originated. It was the Blue Angel, the form the Blue Phoenix had taken in memory of Scarlet, the only other person who had broken through Kureei-onii-chan's emotionless shell. The Blue Angel was crying.
         "Iya!!!" I screamed...


         And woke up in a cold sweat. For a few moments I couldn't think of what was happening and then I realized the screams weren't coming from my lips.
         They were from my sister.

© Copyright 2003 Karen Rump (UN: priestess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Karen Rump has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/233101