*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/233328
by Kenzie
Rated: ASR · Book · Inspirational · #655260
Each day is new and wonderful. What inspired me today? Find out here.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#233328 added September 21, 2006 at 7:45am
Restrictions: None
Day 1 - The First Day Of Spring - How Apropos
This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24 NIV

This is my inspiration each and every day. I've often been asked if I have the sunny disposition that appears in my writings and in my exchanges with other writers. The answer is, "YES!" My life is full of joy. And the Lord is my joy and my strength.

Today, though, I received a quotation in my email inbox, a word of wisdom amongst the spam.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye." -- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, 1900-1944; French military & commercial pilot, author of "The Little Prince"

Perhaps this pearl of wisdom explains why I see people differently, why I rate differently than many others.

I use my heart to view the world. That means that I am hurt more often than others, perhaps. But I bounce back.

I think it also allows me to see more deeply into the purpose of people placed in my pathway.

The Bible says that God looks not at our outward appearance, but at our hearts. I've always tried to copy God in that aspect. Appearances have never meant much to me. But the hearts of those around me are ever important.

This extends to all portions of my life, even in being a member of Writing.com. Some members cry out in their hearts to be understood, to be accepted and loved. Why should we criticize their punctuation and spelling when they are sharing their hearts?

I think the true definition of a writer includes the word "heart" in it. A writer shares his heart with words, in my opinion. One who merely puts words correctly on a page, without sharing his or her heart, is not much more than a robot who can type. Perhaps that sounds harsh. But it's how I feel.

Just because a person can take up hammer and nails doesn't make him a fine carpenter or craftsman. Nor does taking up paper and pen make a writer. A writer has stories deep within his heart and soul just begging to come forth.




Heart, In Love with Jesus

© Copyright 2006 Kenzie (UN: kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/233328