*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/233435-Regressing
by Aum
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #524387
You don't like it, then don't read it. Simple as that.
#233435 added April 6, 2003 at 1:33am
Restrictions: None
Regressing
Just as an afterthought... I was a bit crude in that last entry. I don't hate America, or Americans. I know the soldiers over there are trying their best not to harm any civilians, and I know Saddam Hussein really is a cruel man. But, as an (even non-patriotic) French-speaking anti-war Canadian citizen, some of what Bush and his little followers said rubbed me the wrong way. And in case you're saying, well, what do you little sheltered child know about the suffering of the Iraki people? Let me tell you I don't know about the Iraki in particular, but I know they're suffering (I heard casualty counts on the radio this morning, and lots of "action reports") and I know what suffering is. Have I experienced it first-hand? I can't tell you how or where - you'd think me crazy - but yes, I think I have. But what offends me most about the war are the thoughts that go behind it. Patriotism and thirst of revenge are no reasons to wipe out a country. I just hope Americans will end up realizing that.

By the way, what will happen once Irak is taken? How will you fix the broken relationships between Canada, France, Russia, Germany, and America? How will you restore the United Nations? What will you do about the countries that surround Irak?

This could become the Third World War. I hope you guys are all well aware of that before you take up any incertain action.

Aum

(lol, just an update. Upon rereading this and my previous entry I realized I'd written Iraq using the French-Canadian spelling - Irak instead of Iraq, Iraki instead of Iraqi, etc. I'm too lazy to correct it right now, but hopefully this little note here will do. Yeah, I know, I am so pathetic.)

(Just another update - thanks, Tehuti, for pointing this out! It's astronaut, not cosmonaut. hehe *blush*)

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

© Copyright 2003 Aum (UN: lady_aum at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Aum has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/233435-Regressing