*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/233714
by Kenzie
Rated: ASR · Book · Inspirational · #655260
Each day is new and wonderful. What inspired me today? Find out here.
#233714 added September 21, 2006 at 7:50am
Restrictions: None
Sunday's Entry Made Early Monday Morning
Something has been bothering me all evening, because of discussions I've had recently with a number of people.

It's politically incorrect to comment on the physical appearance of one who weighs too much. The same rules don't seem to apply to one who is thin. I was reminded of that today, but for a strange reason.

Why am I considered the "strange" person because I'm generally happy?*Confused*

I'm not crazy, just because I've learned to lean on God at all times. There's nothing wrong with me because even in times of trial, I'm able to see goodness and count my blessings.

And yet, that's the attitude some have towards me. Being depressed is a natural thing for so many, that I've become the oddity because I'm cheerful.

I think it's especially true that Christians should learn to develop a cheerful attitude, to know that the Lord is their source of joy and strength. Of course we still have problems. But I'm not happy, an emotion that depends on outward sources. I'm full of joy, something that only comes from Him, and it's a state of being I can have in spite of pain and troubles around me. *Smile*

When Christians go around with constant frowns, or when they continually whine or moan or become depressed about situations around them, can they ever expect to bring anyone else to the Lord? When they fight amongst each other, how attractive can being a Christian really be to those around them? *Confused*

I know my life hasn't been as hard as many others have experienced. But it's been pretty hard. And having the Lord as my Savior, as the only One who has never let me down, has allowed me to maintain my sunny disposition.

Why can't others, especially other Christians, understand that? Why am I the one everyone wants to change?







© Copyright 2006 Kenzie (UN: kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/233714