*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/234162-Slowing-Down
by Dris
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #451445
A chronicle of my life starting from June 21, 2002.
#234162 added March 26, 2003 at 11:24pm
Restrictions: None
Slowing Down
March 26, 2003


         Okay, the last entry, on Monday, I had a great day. Especially considering that it was a Monday after Spring Break.
         Yesterday wasn't so good. I had a lot more trouble waking up, and the weather was crappy.
         Today I didn't even want to wake up. I tried to go back to sleep, I tried to get out of school. No go. I went to school tired out of my mind.
         The rest of the day was alright though. Nothing too big, just kinda there. Youth group had a video last night about the effects of media on teens. Man, there's some messed up stuff out there. Who wants to sing about raping and killing 15-year-old girls and killing your parents? Some of the lyrics I heard were just disgusting, even beyond that. Money is made though, and that's all that matters to these producers of garbage.
         What's more, they know they aren't right. They don't even let their children listen to it. But they don't mind if we do. As long as it brings in another mansion with a swimming pool and some fancy cars, whatever sells.
         Society has become so corrupt, and I believe some movies and muzik are to blame. So tonight, recommended listening is of benevolent nature: Love Song by Tesla. That is some great muzik. Take and enjoy. Goodnight.

~ Dris ~

© Copyright 2003 Dris (UN: dris at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dris has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/234162-Slowing-Down