*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/238030
Rated: 13+ · Book · Fantasy · #539038
I'm beginng to update again, so look forward to more stories!
#238030 added April 21, 2003 at 1:49am
Restrictions: None
Day Twenty-Five, Part Two
         We went out into the balcony again. There was no doubt that it was not only Shiyou Ruyuki who ordered it, but also the other Gods and Goddesses. Someone must be afraid that the repercussions would spread to the Human World, or Ninjenkai as we called it. Then again, their doubts were well-founded. Ever since the removal of the Dimensional Barriers, demons and some humans were allowed to travel through and fro easily.
         "I received news from Jakana," she said. Jakana was a youkai in our pay and quite trustworthy.
         "'Nee-chan, there's been talk of having the Tournament as soon as the funeral's over. We all know how devastating that can be," she said.
         "I know. None of the others are ready and if there was an assassination attempt..."
         "We will be able to handle it. Don't sell us short, Naoko. We've been in Makai longer than you have," Kurama said, interrupting us.
         I could only look sheepish. I'd forgotten that there were others who were just as good, if not better, than us in some matters. In any case it was the safety of the students, particularly Shuura, that I was worried about.
         "If Makai assassins really wanted to kill us off Naoko, we couldn't hide. They're as safe as they can be here compared to anywhere else," Kurama said.
         "No one knows that we're here anyway. Besides, if you can't trust Dumbledore, who can you trust?" he continued.

© Copyright 2003 Karen Rump (UN: priestess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Karen Rump has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/238030