*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/238389
Rated: 13+ · Book · Fantasy · #539038
I'm beginng to update again, so look forward to more stories!
#238389 added April 23, 2003 at 12:43am
Restrictions: None
Day Twenty-Seven
         I awoke just as we were descending. The others were still asleep and there was no need to wake them up. I guided my Shikigamis to the Gateway Entrance. It was just a flimsy veil to prevent those who did not have our own supernatural skills from crossing over and getting themselves killed. The effectiveness of the veil could be questioned, as we still had a quite a number of ordinary people crossing over. Well, no system was perfect. Not at this time anyway.
         As soon as we landed, I asked Dianna and Rimana to take off the Spell. They did, with Hiei hanging as tightly as ever to Dianna and Kurama promptly falling off Rimana. The Kitsune youkai looked quite funny.
         "What happened?" he asked, trying to sit up and immediately regretting it.
         Hiei finally got the courage to get off Dianna. He seemed pretty happy that he was on solid ground again. Kurama on the other hand, was looking in his pockets for something. It took him a few moments to find it, and then he asked for water. Hiei and I didn't have any, but we suggested that he wait a moment while we crossed the veil. Someone should be on the other side to greet us. If nothing else, Koenma would have gotten someone to wait.
         Kurama groaned.

© Copyright 2003 Karen Rump (UN: priestess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Karen Rump has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/238389