*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/238773-Day-Twenty-Seven-Part-Three
Rated: 13+ · Book · Fantasy · #539038
I'm beginng to update again, so look forward to more stories!
#238773 added April 25, 2003 at 12:10am
Restrictions: None
Day Twenty-Seven, Part Three
         Yusuke took us back to the palace he had inherited from his ancestor Raizen. It was warm and comfy. Once Kurama had been 'dehung-over' it was time to know what was going on. The kitsune still looked a little sick though, and I was careful to avoid his accusing gaze. Hey, it's uncomfortable when someone stares at you like that!
         "How long ago?" Kurama asked.
         "Not more than three days ago. There's something else too... Someone had been masquerading as them, so the killings occured about three weeks ago," Yusuke said.
         "Hn!" Hiei said. Kurama and I were on the same wavelength too.
         "That's about the same time we were attacked in the forest," he said.
         "I thought it was just a welcoming party," I commented dryly.
         "That means they're targetting someone," Kurama said.
         "Question is, who? The only other one who comes from Makai is Shuura. And he's back at Hogwarts," Yusuke said, suprisingly perceptive.
         A large gong sounded somewhere in the Palace. It was time for Enki and Kokou's funerals.

         All of us were dressed in our usual clothes, except that the colours were black. Whatever else Enki was, he was still a ruler who cared for his people deeply and was much-respected, if not loved.
         Thankfully the service was short and simple. The eulogy was presented by Yusuke, so that was the reason why we were there 15 minutes earlier. It fit. Raizen had been close friends of the two people. They had come when Raizen had died, and Yusuke was the son of Raizen. It was fitting that he should be the one to present the eulogy.

© Copyright 2003 Karen Rump (UN: priestess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Karen Rump has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/238773-Day-Twenty-Seven-Part-Three