*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/239089
by Kenzie
Rated: ASR · Book · Inspirational · #655260
Each day is new and wonderful. What inspired me today? Find out here.
#239089 added September 21, 2006 at 8:19am
Restrictions: None
Prisoner of Hope
A week has gone by since I posted something here. It was a busy week, with some disappointments and some reasons to rejoice. I will have to write more about the week later, once I've sorted it all out.

This morning as I was getting ready to attend my own church, I turned on the TV to catch Joel Osteen, pastor of Lakewood Church in Houston.

Joel said that we should be prisoners of hope and faith, and that we should live with expectancy. He reminded us of the importance of praying and praising God while expecting a change. I think I do those things. But sometimes it's harder than at others.

Then Joel called our God "a God of the suddenlies." He added this reminder, "No matter what you're going through, no matter how long you've been suffering, God can suddenly turn things around, can suddenly end addictions, can suddenly heal. One touch and one instant is all it takes for God's promises to be fulfilled."

I probably needed that reminder this morning. In fact, I know I did. Especially considering the disappointments my week included.

I realized something else as I was listening to Joel Osteen. I realized how quick I am to be able to offer the same words to people around me. And, perhaps, how slow I am to heed them myself. What a revelation.

So as I go on in the days and weeks ahead, I must remember when I wake up, that very day could be the day that God suddenly, in His time, changes things. I must continue to have hope and faith. If I have to be a prisoner, I'll choose my prison to be one of faith and hope.


Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Romans 12:12 NIV

© Copyright 2006 Kenzie (UN: kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/239089