*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/239376-Somethings-up
Rated: 13+ · Book · Fantasy · #539038
I'm beginng to update again, so look forward to more stories!
#239376 added May 6, 2003 at 9:58pm
Restrictions: None
Something's up
This report was sent to me by one of my agents who was assigned to trail Voldie. Enjoy!

         She hated having to do her work in dark, damp forests! Especially if they had old ruined and abandoned cities. Then again, this had been a request from Mon Capitan. She rarely gave any orders and merely requested if she wanted something done. After all, the brown-haired elf had saved her and her friends many times and took care of her and her girls well. She walked about the old city, careful to keep to the corners and the walls to prevent being detected by her prey. The mist hung low and thickly, aiding her.
         As she walked, she came across a deserted path, that even animals avoided. She bent down and sent a small chi through the damp earth. "Spirit of this place, answer my plea and guide me to what I seek," she said the ancient formula softly and as reverently as she could.
         A form came out of the earth. It was a young man clad in leaves with the long pointy ears of the elves. He looked slightly bemused. "Good day, Mortal. What can I do for you?" he said.
         Quickly she outlined her mission. His face turned grave as he realized that she was tracking an enemy of the Universe. "You are sure? It will mean your death if you fail," he reminded her. She nodded.

         Voldie was not pleased. Although all who could did answer his summons, he was still displeased with Severus and Karnakoff. While there would be time to dispense with Karnakoff, Severus was standing in front of him in a circle. Like everyone else he had a mask on, but there was no denying the aura of pure power and menace he exuded. Lucius, who stood two person's away from him, was glaring at Severus. Something must have happened, but that could be taken care of later.
         There were two new people with him. One of them was his agent in the East, and the other was a 'gift' from his new ally. Kilsoan stood on his right, between him and Lucius, while Kureei was on his left, with Wormtail next to him. Kureei's mask was different from the rest of them in the essence that it was white and did not cover his mouth area. His expression was stony and sullen, as though he had been forced against his will. As long as he did his job, Voldie didn't care.
         "Ah... good to see that you are all here... and punctual as well," he said, nodding to Severus.
         "Now, Kilsoan here is a Deatheater from the East, and will be helping us to gather support in the East. Kureei here is my assassin," he said.
         None of them moved. They weren't surprised either. After all, Voldie was known for his cold-bloodedness. "And this," he took out a long staff, "Is what will aid us in our quest." The staff was as long as his arm and glowed with an unnatural green light.
         "This, is the staff of the Everlast. It is supposed to be one of the Artefacts of the Lost Ones, the ones who taught the Ancient Magicians how to Harness their powers. The people before Merlin, those from Egypt and the other Mystics... All of them covet this Staff and only I found it!"

         When she heard it she put her hand to her moth to stop herself from screaming. The staff of the EVERLAST! It was one of the six artefacts that could open a Dimesional Gateway and bring the otherworldly forces here! It would also mean the end of the Universe.
         She was standing behind a tree. She turned to leave, but was shocked to see someone standing in front of her. She recignized him of course. Everyone who had and were still serving Karen knew him. They were under orders to keep him safe and to render him aid if that was possible.
         Kureei Mori. He stood looking at her, head cocked to one side. "Now now... What do we have here?" he asked.
         She was frozen. If there was anything else besides the fact that he was Sukina's stepbrother pounded into her head, it was that he was immensely powerful. She also saw something else. It was one of her Talents, besides tracking people down. She was one of the Few who could see the Darkness and Light about the person. When she had seen Kureei from afar, there had always been a sinister air about hinm, but there had been the feeling like the sun was behind a cloud for this man. Not always there, but near enough. Now, there was no hint of the light about him.
         "No..." she whispered, afraid for her life.
         "You're not supposed to be here," he said. She merely stared at him.
         "Leave now, or I'll have to kill you," he continued.
         Suddenly the Spirit of the Forest whose help she had called upon earlier appeared. He grabbed her and took to the air. Unfortunately, he had to fly over Voldie's cronies. (Hey that rhymes!)

         Voldemort saw them as they flew over him. He saw Kureei stepping out of the shadows from whence they came and raise his hand. It was the same hand that had burnt the other person in Sukina's dreams. He didn't even glance at them, but just released his fire.
         They separated before the fire reached them, both free-falling to the ground. The Elf Lord disappeared, but she didn't. Instead, she landed gracefully, turning to them. She lunged for Malfoy, perceiving him to be one of the weakest links in Voldie's camp.
         Kureei was there, flinging her away. He shot his deadly blue flame again, and she jumped. It barely singed Crabbe's hair. The man just stood stock-still. Snape took out his wand and pointed it to the girl. The only thought in his head was that he had to protect his cover.
         "Crucio!" he said, but it missed.
         The girl suddenly threw a dagger at him, which did not cut him. At that angle she couldn't have missed! That could only meant that she belonged to one of those kids from Japan!
         "STOP!" Voldie said in a loud voice. He pointed the staff at her. She froze. That was enough.
         Kilsoan threw himself at her. He tackled her and she fell to the ground. He raised his hand, about to kill her with a dagger that had appeared out of nowehere, when she suddenly began to speak in an ancient voice.
         "Kingdoms rise and Kingdoms fall. The lure of power corrupts all. Find the One versed in ancient lore, and you will rise above all. The Serpent that guides her is your servant. Beware the Angel and the Daughter, for they will bring nothing but slaughter. Confront them and you shall be as a lamb before a butcher," she said, before fainting.

         Everyone was staring at her. She could feel them through her closed eyes. She was tied to something, to a tree most likely. She knew who was standing next to her by the chi. It was Kilsoan. He was sneering at something. There were murmurs all about her.
         "What just happened?" Voldie asked Kilsoan.
         "This girl just prophesied, Master. She has the Talent for Prophesy and if I'm not wrong, she is also a DarkLighter Visionary. She can see the Darkness and Light in a person," Kilsoan said.
         "You know a lot of useless information," Malfoy said.
         "At least I know something," he replied.
         Malfoy was spluttering. (He seems to splutter a lot, doesn't he?) In the end he turned to Voldie and was whispering something. Both of them were staring at Severus. Then Voldie raised his hand and everyone gathered in a circle again.
         He looked at Severus. "It has come to my attention that some of you have been found consorting with the muggle-born," he looked at Severus. Everyone was silent immediately. Severus looked non-chalant. At Voldie's raised eyebrow he answered.
         "My Lord, this 'muggle-born' whom I believe Malfoy is talking about was not born of muggle parents. She was raised by muggles but she has the training and the talents of a powerful druidess. She knows more about the Ancient Lore than..." he trailed off.
         "Indeed!" Voldie said, an unidentified look in his eyes. "Maybe your distraction will not prove disastrous at all..." he turned to look at Malfoy.
         "Lucius tried to woo this druidess even when she was with me, my Lord. She rejected him. I will bring her into the fold, my Lord, if that is what you wish," Severus was quick on his feet.
         The 'Dark' Lord nodded. She felt rather than saw his eyes turn to her. He asked what they should do with her, and it was then that she felt a whisper of air in her ear. "I may not be able to help you escape, little one, but I can get a message for your friends," he said. It was the Elf Lord.
         She closed her eyes tight and thought hard. Kilsoan was shouting something, but she didn't hear him. Instead, she sent her thoughts to the Elf Lord. "Send this to my Captain!" she said, forming the image of a young girl with short brown hair in her mind. She also told him that she was in Hogwarts.
         She felt him leave before she felt the fire. At least he got away safely. There was only darkness after that.

© Copyright 2003 Karen Rump (UN: priestess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Karen Rump has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/239376-Somethings-up