*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/241347-Ode-to-a-Cat
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #611977
Just my Journal, a few opinions and stuff.
#241347 added May 13, 2003 at 12:09am
Restrictions: None
Ode to a Cat
"Red sky at dawn. Blood has been spilled this night."


This morning, May 15th, 2003, I was woken by my distraught sister. I followed her, and found my mother, with our cat in her arms. She was- is- dead.

I thought I was together, but obviously I'm not, as I've started to cry again while writing this. I haven't told many people, because it starts me crying if I do. It's totally not fair. My grandfather died last week. I barely knew him, but he was still my grandfather. My cat, Misty, lived with me. She was our comfort cat, the sweetest thing that ever lived. Her fur was beautiful and soft, dark grey in winter and lighter grey-cinnamon in summer. Her eyes were a wonderful minty green, and so expressive. We loved her to pieces.

She was found under my sister's bedroom window. Her paw was at a funny angle, and her hips were all splayed out. We think she got hit by a car, and crawled around to the back to meow at the window. She was all stiff too, she'd been there most of the night probably. Poor brave darling.

And when I went out again, I looked up at the sky. The clouds were stained with red. And the first thing I thought of was "Red sky at dawn. Blood has been spilled this night." I could have kicked myself that in such times I think of LOTR. But it was so appropriate. It fitted, I mean.

We loved you so very much, Misty. May whoever is up there keep you safe in their arms.


@-->->-- ~ Misty ~ --<-<--@

~1-12-96 ~ 13-5-03~
RIP
We'll never forget you
*Cry**Heart**Cry*


*sniffs and wipes eyes/nose on sleeve*

~Sena

© Copyright 2003 Sena is Spider-Girl! (UN: sena at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sena is Spider-Girl! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/241347-Ode-to-a-Cat