*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/241446
by Kenzie
Rated: ASR · Book · Inspirational · #655260
Each day is new and wonderful. What inspired me today? Find out here.
#241446 added September 21, 2006 at 8:26am
Restrictions: None
Galveston, Oh Galveston
Just popped in for a short update. Well, you know me. Nothing is short.

I did see the doc in Galveston today about my back. They took more xrays (the last ones were from December) and ordered MRI's on my lower back (for the pains that go from waist down my leg to my foot) and neck (for the loss of arm strength). Seems I'm actually losing strength on my entire left side - arm, hand, leg and foot - even though I've been diligent in exercising since worker's comp stopped paying for physical therapy on my knee.

Don't know about getting the MRI's. UTMB thinks I'll have to pay half price even with the indigent care card. If so, that's out for now. Same with physical therapy they ordered - 3 days a week 45 miles away? There's a $2 each way toll and gas to worry about...not to mention half the cost of therapy? Tomorrow I'll check with the welfare office about whether or not that info was correct.

This doc thinks I have a degenerative something happening to have my entire left side getting weak. May be why my knee isn't healing after a year.

My apt. manager has given me 3 days to vacate. We have a disagreement about rent. I gave notice at the beginning of May to move out June 15. Since my original lease (5 1/2 years ago and 2 owners and 9 managers ago) said I paid first, last, security and pet deposit, I figured I only owed them 2 weeks rent. (The other month is accounted for in the last month paid up front.) Their ledgers don't show that I did pay last month rent when I moved in. My mom actually paid it, and she's in Michigan. She's searching her records. Meanwhile, they've decided I'm behind in rent and have given me 3 days to vacate. I researched Texas landlord/tenant laws and they CAN do that. They can change the locks and I'll have to ask for a copy to get my personal things; they can keep my TV and stereo etc. Also in Texas, if they file an eviction notice, it can actually go to court in 6 days and be over with. No more 30 days to vacate here, not even if there are minor children or disabled people involved.

Oh yeah, I forgot. For over a year, my car wouldn't drive more than 15 miles without overheating. About 6 weeks ago, that was finally fixed. Or so I thought.

On the way to Galveston, I noticed that my air conditioning wouldn't shut off, even if I turned off the switch. Strange. When I parked my car in the parking garage, it made noises like I've never heard before. It really sounded like it was going to blast off or blow up.

I popped the hood and discovered that the radiator's overflow container was full to the brim and bubbling and boiling like crazy. Coming back home a few hours later, I couldn't use the air conditioning. Even without it, though, the car's temperature guage was reading just below the danger area.

When it rains, it pours?




Heart, In Love with Jesus

© Copyright 2006 Kenzie (UN: kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/241446