*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/241537
by Kenzie
Rated: ASR · Book · Inspirational · #655260
Each day is new and wonderful. What inspired me today? Find out here.
#241537 added September 21, 2006 at 8:27am
Restrictions: None
I'm so mad I could spit!
It takes a lot to make me angry. Stealing from me is one thing that does it. Lying is high on the list too. And I just opened my bank statement and discovered why my bank account went into a negative status. It's because of a liar and a thief.

Back in December, I gave a check to the man I'd been dating and thought I'd marry one day. He had complained that he always spent money to visit me. I sent a $100 check to him and told him that he could use it for the next time he came to visit. He decided he'd never come back, so I asked him to destroy or return the check.

Yes, I know. I should have spent the $20 to have the check cancelled at the bank. But with my finances the way they've been, I didn't do that. The man claims to be a Christian, and never in my wildest dreams did I think he'd cash that check. Stupid me.

The last time we spoke of that check, the man said he would return it to me. I believed him.

Last week, I received notice that my bank account was in overdraft status. That surprised me, and I went back and recalculated and I disagreed with the bank's figures. Today, I discovered the reason. That $100 check had been cashed.

Maybe I should give the man the benefit of the doubt, huh? Perhaps he was carrying that check in his wallet and it was stolen. If so, don't you think he should have contacted me?

I have to wonder how much more I'll be asked to bear. Sigh. *Worry*

© Copyright 2006 Kenzie (UN: kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/241537