*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/242244-Day-Thirty-One
Rated: 13+ · Book · Fantasy · #539038
I'm beginng to update again, so look forward to more stories!
#242244 added May 21, 2003 at 11:03pm
Restrictions: None
Day Thirty-One
         We were on the plane when I felt a tinkling at the back of my neck. It was a signal that a spirit like my Shikigamis wanted to see me, but they would decide if it were okay. Then I felt a breeze at my ear. A moment later Plenia spoke. Mistress, there is someone here to speak with you. He says he bears news from Lianna. (In English that meant Gentle and Cared For).
         She did not need to see my assent. I braced myself to receive an image. Lianna could not send me a message any other way. A moment later it hit me, and the force of it was so powerful that I caught and gripped the closest objects close to me; Kurama's hair and Hiei's wrist.
         Both of them began to protest, but then the image overwhelmed them. When receiving an image if I grabbed anything that was organic, the images would flow over them as well. The case was no different here.
         Lianna tracking down Voldie... Her susbsequent struggle and her capture... Aniki's turncoat... Her death... Some of the knowledge about the wand also broke through, and I think it was passed to the guys. All I knew was that I was helpless to stop her from dying... the same way that I was helpless to stop Rikuho...

         When I recovered, as did the guys, the stewardess was looking at us in concern. When she gave me a drink of water, I took it without looking. Hiei had a glazed look in his eyes while Kurama was rubbing the back of his head. He was bending down to retrieve his pen when I had pulled his hair. Did I mention that I had pulled his hair hard?
         "I would appreciate that if you never pulled so hard again," he gritted as soon as he saw I had recovered.
         "That image was three days old. That means that Voldie would have had time to organize something. He's going to move against Barb..." I whispered as the landing announcement was made.

© Copyright 2003 Karen Rump (UN: priestess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Karen Rump has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/242244-Day-Thirty-One