*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/242401-Day-Thirty-Three-Part-Two
Rated: 13+ · Book · Fantasy · #539038
I'm beginng to update again, so look forward to more stories!
#242401 added May 21, 2003 at 11:57pm
Restrictions: None
Day Thirty-Three, Part Two
         "You have no time to look there, ANGEL OF DEATH! I'll kill you before you touch my Lord!" Kilsoan shouted, attacking me.
         "Naoko!" Kurama shouted.
         I wasn't listening. I was looking at Kureei. Sukina was sitting on her knees like I was, stunned. Our brother was fighting the others, who were obviously puzzled but did not let it get into the way of fighting. He did not look at Sukina.
         Kilsoan was on the verge of knocking my head into half. Kurama hit him hard with his whip, throwing him out of the way. He stopped where I was staring at the other side. He shook me, trying to get me out of my stupor.
         As I looked at him uncomprehendingly, I saw Kilsoan get up. At that instant, I remembered how Lianna had died, and an irrational anger began to burn in me. The same chi eddies that had formed when I was fighting with Malfoy appeared, this time much stronger than before.
         "I am going to kill you," I said, feeling a transformation come over me. "For all the crimes you committed, both in this life and in the previous life. I will not judge you, but accord you your death as the Book of Death prescribed," I said, standing up and shaking off the grass nonchalantly off my jeans.
         "You can't scare me!" he said, laughing.

         I grinned. The chi was practically bursting at the seams, so I used the leak to form myself a new garment. The chi flew sensuously about me, making my jeans and blouse disappear and forming the uniform of Celeste's Phoenixes. It was a simple short and pleated tunic made of silk and gathered at the waist with a golden girdle. The badge that hung at the edge was the golden Ankh of Egypt, the one that symbolized Death.
         Kilsoan looked pretty happy. I stretched out my hands, one pulling a book from thin air and the other a long, double-bladed scythe. I opened the book easily with one hand, looking for a particular entry. I grinned at the entry. It read only one sentence.
         "Do whatever you wish."

© Copyright 2003 Karen Rump (UN: priestess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Karen Rump has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/242401-Day-Thirty-Three-Part-Two