*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/243893-March-17-2003-amawitch
Print Tell A Friend
Item #649466
Print Tell A Friend
Item #649466
March 17, 2003: amawitch

Newsletter Header
Noticing Newbies


Table of Contents

1. About this Newsletter
2. A Word from our Sponsor
3. Letter from the Editor
4. Editor's Picks
5. A Word from Writing.Com
6. Ask & Answer
7. Removal instructions

About This Newsletter

Welcome to the Noticing Newbies Newsletter! Our goal is to showcase some of our newest Writing.Com Authors and their items. From poetry and stories to creative polls and interactives, we'll bring you a wide variety of items to enjoy. We will also feature "how to" advice and items that will help to jump start the creation process on Writing.com.

We hope all members of the site take the time to read, rate, review and welcome our new authors. By introducing ourselves, reviewing items and reaching out, we will not only make them feel at home within our community, we just might make new friends!
Your editor this week:
amawitch












Word from our sponsor


Passionate about writing?
Take your passion to new heights - with an online Master of Fine Arts in
Creative Writing
, available only from top ranked National University. Choose
workshops based on your interests. Work with experienced and published faculty.
Prepare for a variety of career opportunities. Use a state-of-the art online system:
Study where and when you want.
Click here to get more information!


Letter from the editor

noticing newbies - newsletter header


Highlighting Newbie Bio-Blocks

Hi,
In continuing the new tradition, {an oxymoron}, I wanted to share with you these Bio-Blocks that impressed me so that you might also get to know the people in our community better.

Again, I would like to stress that I came across many many Bio-Blocks that were still empty. Please take the time to write a few sentences that will give your readers some hints about your work or the focus of your work. Remember that you can always change your Bio-Block as the mood suits you, as long as it is kept G-rated.

Here are some Newbie Bio-Blocks I found interesting and/or entertaining. Please give them a read and consider posting your own "welcome mat."
~~~Say hello to~~~


randyk1967
A writer who believes the old saying " we are only as good as our readers deem us to be".

Razz
This author tells us about how personal her writings are to her.

Bellerophon
Simple and to the point.

meri
The author has put out her welcome mat. Give her a visit and drop a line or two.

Next I want to say Congratulations to the winners of the contest. It was wonderful meeting you all, and learning a bit more about what you like, what you write, and in some cases where you live.
Please don't forget to enter the next contest:
"Invalid Item. It sounds like a lot of fun. Hope you take the time to come on in.

I remember very well the warm feeling I got when I "arrived" here. I felt I had finally found the place that I could write without worry, get honest reviews, help when I needed it. What I also found out was this became the place I wanted to stay. I made friends quickly, learned more than I ever thought I could, and my confidence has soared.
I want to welcome each and every one of you and list some of the fun and helpful sites that I found then, and still visit to this day. By staying active here my friends, each day is like being a Newbie, in that you will find jewels hidden everywhere, each time you begin searching.

I encourage you to visit these sites, don't be shy, and ask a question or two. If you have advice, please share it. That is what a community is all about, after all!

 Invalid Item  []

by A Guest Visitor

A perfect place to drop in an item or two for review.

 Invalid Item  []

by A Guest Visitor

Always welcoming any New Writer on the site.

Story Cafe  [ASR]
All invited, Speak your mind, got a New Story?, Opinion?, Need help?, Like a story?.
by The Milkman

Always open, every helpful!

Have fun. *Smile* Until next time my friends,
amawitch
noticing newbies committee sig
Logo for Writing.Com Moderators - small.




Editor's Picks

In keeping with my original plan, I have decided to showcase short stories of any genre today. I found myself immersed in so many different types of stories. It was a pleasure to read all of the talent here on Writing.Com. I am sure you will enjoy the following selections as much as I did. As always please remember that encouragement is always appreciated, a fair and honest review is the only way that any writer can improve.
Write On!

*Star*
silverphenix
"Invalid Item
This stories got it all. A must for fantasy fans.

*Star*
markj300
 Invalid Item  []

by A Guest Visitor

I won't spoil it by telling you too much. A unique and different perspective.....

*Star*
AukonDK
 Forever  [ASR]
A story of love stretching across the web of time...
by AukonDK

This love story follows its own rules.

*Star*
sepia
 Invalid Item  []

by A Guest Visitor

Another story that I do not want to spoil for the reader.
Is worth your time.
bianca_b


*Star*
shalzee
 Invalid Item  []

by A Guest Visitor

A different sort of horror. All the elements, abuse, pain, but this reader found a hint of regret. I am sure you will enjoy it.


Remember to read, write, be happy! *Kiss*
Wind beneath your wings all,
amawitch
noticing newbies committee sig
Logo for Writing.Com Moderators - small.


 
Submit an item for consideration in this newsletter!
http://www.Writing.Com/main/newsletters.php?action=nli_form

Word from Writing.Com

Have an opinion on what you've read here today? Then send the Editor feedback! Find an item that you think would be perfect for showcasing here? Submit it for consideration in the newsletter!
http://www.Writing.Com/main/newsletters.php?action=nli_form

Don't forget to support our sponsor!
%%NL_AD_BOT%%

Ask & Answer

A New Newsletter sometimes takes time to generate some questions. I thought I would list some of the other fun things to do here on Writing.Com. Contests to earn GP's, valuable for purchasing upgrades, Warm and Fuzzie's, costumicon, and of course at the Writing.com Store. Not to mention sharing with a favorite author, a welcoming gift, or even a thank you.

I encourage you to read the rules carefully prior to posting because different contests, have different rules.

*Star* kat2
"Invalid Item

*Star* Kenzie
"Create a Story/ Poem w/Titles WINNERS

*Star* emeralddaisy
"Invalid Item

*Star* jiradamister
"Invalid Item

Please ask questions! That is what we are here for. If you do not have a question and would just like to share something, please do that.

Write On!

amawitch
Logo for Writing.Com Moderators - small.




 
Have a question or comment for the Editor?
http://www.Writing.Com/main/newsletters.php?action=nli_form

Removal Instructions

To stop receiving this newsletter, go into your account and remove the check from the box beside the specific topic. Be sure to click "Complete Edit" or it will not save your changes.

Maintained by The StoryMistress   
Created: 05-31-03 @ 1:30pm | Modified: 05-31-03 @ 1:30pm      

Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/243893-March-17-2003-amawitch