*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/243901-May-14-2003-amawitch
Print Tell A Friend
Item #649466
Print Tell A Friend
Item #649466
May 14, 2003: amawitch

Newsletter Header
Noticing Newbies


Table of Contents

1. About this Newsletter
2. A Word from our Sponsor
3. Letter from the Editor
4. Editor's Picks
5. A Word from Writing.Com
6. Ask & Answer
7. Removal instructions

About This Newsletter

Welcome to the Noticing Newbies Newsletter! Our goal is to showcase some of our newest Writing.Com Authors and their items. From poetry and stories to creative polls and interactives, we'll bring you a wide variety of items to enjoy. We will also feature "how to" advice and items that will help to jump start the creation process on Writing.com.

We hope all members of the site take the time to read, rate, review and welcome our new authors. By introducing ourselves, reviewing items and reaching out, we will not only make them feel at home within our community, we just might make new friends!


This week's editor is amawitch
Word from our sponsor


Passionate about writing?
Take your passion to new heights - with an online Master of Fine Arts in
Creative Writing
, available only from top ranked National University. Choose
workshops based on your interests. Work with experienced and published faculty.
Prepare for a variety of career opportunities. Use a state-of-the art online system:
Study where and when you want.
Click here to get more information!


Letter from the editor

noticing newbies - newsletter header




Highlighting Newbie BioBlocks



This Newsletter I found these Bio-Blocks that impressed me. I wanted to share them with you so that you might also get to know the people in our community better.
I am so happy that more and more of you are filling out this portion of your portfoilio to share with others. If you have not please take the time to write a few sentences that will give your readers some hints about your work or the focus of your work. Remember that you can always change your Bio-Block as the mood suits you, as long as it is kept G-rated.

Here are some Newbie Bio-blocks I found interesting and/or entertaining. Please give them a read and consider posting your own "welcome mat."
~~Say hello to~~~


ch1o
Introduces us to a thought or two.

spidersweb
This Newbie author is asking us a question. Perhaps we can answer it.

shondawriter
A pleasant introduction, giving us clue's into this author's life and love's

keyz
I loved that this author included her reason's for writing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi,
May is a month of celebration for many. By the time this Newsletter is presented to you, we will have celebrated and remembers the many female influences in our lives. Perhaps remembering the love and caring support of our growing up years, or perhaps not. What ever your focus was on this special day, I hope that you enjoyed yourself as well as that special person.
And while on the subject... as a mom myself, I would like to lecture lovingly if I may so indulge myself.

A parents job is multi-tasked. We are doctor, health monitor's, dietician's, and mulititude of other occupations. For all of this most parents ask for only one thing, or two if you count turning off the lights after you leave a room, and that is respect. Most of you would have assumed that I would say love, but you know what? Love without respect is meaningless. Respect is not bringing home flowers, or saying I am sorry, or other, although important gestures, not a show of respect.
Respect is hard work. It is a twenty-four hour a day job, as is being a parent. It involves a compex set of actions showing prudence, understanding, patience, and a willingness to listen to someone who means the best and is still learning new roles themselves. It can be a confusing time for everyone. We parents are by no means perfect, believe me. I am told everyday that I am "clueless". *Smile*
So in closing let me present a beautiful poem I found by starkystalz
"Invalid Item.

Please don't forget to enter the next contest:
"Invalid Item. Congratulation to the winners of our last contest. This proves to be an exciting one. Give it a try.

Wind beneath your wings all,
*Kiss*
amawitch
noticing newbies committee sig
Logo for Writing.Com Moderators - small.




Editor's Picks

Its May and even the middle of month already!!! Summer is on it's way, flowers blooming, tree's are glowing and the sky is such a friendly place right now.
Loyal readers of the Newbie Newsletter I want to apologize for not having read very much of your work this time. I won't go into depth about things, let's just suffice to say that I am having my head rewired. *Smile* It has been difficult to read alot. What I did read was fantastic and of course throughly enjoyable.
You are all a wonderful part of a beautiful community of people, and we thank you for sharing your talent with us.

Write On!


*Star*
Foxwolf
"Invalid Item
This poem was food for the soul.

*Star*
spidersweb
"Invalid Item
This gothic poem had me at the edge of my seat till the very last word.

*Star*
mxgabriel
"Invalid Item
Shakespeare would be proud.

*Star*
,mrlang
"Invalid Item
I chuckled all through this one, I am sure you will to.

*Star*
Robert Camp
"Charlie the Wizard
A delightful beginning to a new story. You will want to continue to read as new chapters are written.


Till next time, read, write, be happy! *Kiss*
Wind beneath your wings all,
amawitch
noticing newbies committee sig
Logo for Writing.Com Moderators - small.


 
Submit an item for consideration in this newsletter!
http://www.Writing.Com/main/newsletters.php?action=nli_form

Word from Writing.Com

Have an opinion on what you've read here today? Then send the Editor feedback! Find an item that you think would be perfect for showcasing here? Submit it for consideration in the newsletter!
http://www.Writing.Com/main/newsletters.php?action=nli_form

Don't forget to support our sponsor!
%%NL_AD_BOT%%

Ask & Answer

I still have not seen any questions, not surprising as we are a new Newsletter. I thought I would list some helpful places to go, fun stuff to do. These contests prove to be exciting, good exercise and you can win gift points too!!!

*Star* rjenkin
"Invalid Item
Here you can laugh at others and yourself as you gather together to try and write limmericks.

*Star* laurencia
"Invalid Item
I loved this contest idea. It was created to inspire.

*Star* mss_tamara
"Invalid Item
Brain food!!! Thats what I thought when I reviewed this contest. It sounds fun, and challenging.

*Star* Pass it on
"Invalid Item
This one you have to be quick about. It has a end of the month deadline. But it is a wonderful way to get to know a new person, and learn their writing styles.

In closing I encourage you to look at the left side of your screen often. Those scroll items are for all of us. An invaluable place to find the tools we need to find anything on the site, use to improve ourselves, or just to "shop". The Plug Page is great to post items for review. There are numerous Review Forums that are just asking for you to submit your items and will offer fair and honest critique.
Take some time, explore, and if you get lost, just keep a piece of paper next to with a pen, and write down where you were, and what you found. More importantly, have fun!!!

Till next time.... Write On!


amawitch
Logo for Writing.Com Moderators - small.







 
Have a question or comment for the Editor?
http://www.Writing.Com/main/newsletters.php?action=nli_form

Removal Instructions

To stop receiving this newsletter, go into your account and remove the check from the box beside the specific topic. Be sure to click "Complete Edit" or it will not save your changes.

Maintained by The StoryMistress   
Created: 05-31-03 @ 1:33pm | Modified: 05-31-03 @ 1:33pm      

Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/243901-May-14-2003-amawitch