*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/244500-circles
by a_g_
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #181604
just your average... er... correction: just your normal... correction: me.
#244500 added June 3, 2003 at 11:47pm
Restrictions: None
circles
My brother got his yearbook today. His quote? "Only the insane can truly propser." ::eye roll:: My mom was flipping out that that was his quote to be remembered by. He says that I told him to do it. I have absolutely no recollection of that, but even if I did, I was only joking. He's not good at telling the difference.

His class's quotes overall bothered me though. Of most of the ones written by "Unknown," I knew who'd said them or at least where to look to find the author. And then, of the less than half which had names attached, at least four or five were by Michael Jordan.

It's so wet tonight that as I was walking to the parking lot from my class, I passed so many worms stretched out on the sidewalk. They were drowning.

The term should be "wholistic," dealing with something as a whole. "Holistic" implies that one is dealing with the void.

This anthropology class keeps prompting ideas with me. I have quite a few poetic/philosophical phrases written in the margins.

SAT II's on Saturday: Latin and US History. This should be interesting. I don't think I've lost much information since the AP test (and it's supposed to be easier than the AP test). Latin... let's just say that my Latin grammar needs brushing up.

Paging through a book about IM/text messaging talk. I have never seen most of these in practice even in chats, newsgroups, message boards, etc. And they capitalized the first letter of each "word"... lol, but they have an emoticon of a bucktooth vampyr... :-E

And others...

Koala bear: @(*0*)@

Charlie Chaplin: c|:-=X

Adolph Hitler: /:-=|

Darth Vader: ( 8<=]

A duck on a wall: _____2______

Déjà vu: *Smile**Smile*

Geez, this book is written like a foreign language book--and I guess it could be considered that. Pages of "vocabulary" and then pages on how to carry out a conversation using it. And apparently, it's a British book. "You should put a plaster over your spots." Yeah, just checked the copyright stuff. Maybe that's why I have never seen most of this. (Then again, a surprising percentage of people on message boards and related media are British, or at least pretend to be.) Okay, done with that book. ::sighs, shakes head::

I actually did have a point to this entry, although it may have just been the "wholistic" vs. "holistic" thing. This entry is leaning towards the latter. This entire journal tends to lean towards the latter.

I must be at least partially a hypochondriac...

I got my glasses a few months short of a year ago. I never wore them at first, mostly out of being entirely shaken by the fact that those two tiny pieces of plastic/glass could so drastically change my visual perception of the world. I tried them on in the car on the way home and realized with a shock just how limited vision is. Little photons being forced through the eyes and into the brain. How easy it is to be fooled by your eyes. Light, shadow, illusion, distance, the physical. I'd known that all before but it hadn't connected, hadn't destroyed my confidence in the world as I knew/know it.

Presque vu.

Really tired, it could just be that I'm not thinking coherently.

Déjà vu.

School tomorrow, last day.

Work tomorrow, first day.

© Copyright 2003 a_g_ (UN: a_g_ at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a_g_ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/244500-circles