*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/245254-UPDATE
Rated: 18+ · Book · Family · #178297
Ok so I am addicted...
#245254 added June 8, 2003 at 8:18pm
Restrictions: None
UPDATE
This past week has been one of the saddest and then one of the happiest of my life.
Last Sunday, a week ago today we got the dreaded call from Florida that a favorite cousin of my husband's had passed away. We had expected it to come as he was on life support and not expected to make it. THe thing is he was only 57 and so full of life. HE beat lung cancer two years ago and only a month ago he was laughing and having a great time with my mother and father in law who were visiting. THe next week he got sick. He had pnemonia and then a heart attack. My husband made the seven hour trip at that time when he was first put on life support. He got better and was expected to be o.k. Yet two weeks later he had a turn for the worse and coded several times. THe family made the decision to let him go.
He was one of the greatest guys I knew. His wife now is in a fix. SHe is too young to draw social security. SHe still has one more child to raise. She has no income except for a life insurance policy.
THe funeral was beautiful. It broke my heart. We stayed with the family Monday- Thursday. Then we went a marriage retreat for just the two of us. IT was heaven. It was like a second honeymoon and my husband and I did a lot of talking about how important each other is to the other. It just solified our union so much more. We renewed our wedding vows too. IT would have been on the beach but it was raining and we had to do it inside. I will be posting some of the great stuff my minister and his wife taught us. IT is very powerful for any marriage. WE went there for the time to be alone and enjoy each other. Others were there as a last resort to their marriages. It was some of the most touching moments I have had with my husband and I will have to share more on that when I am not so tired to type.
© Copyright 2003 Soul sister (UN: suzydiana at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Soul sister has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/245254-UPDATE