*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/249563-Prayer-Basket
by Bek
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #569921
Looking for Drama??? Well you found it. There's a bit of it all here....read along!
#249563 added July 12, 2003 at 10:37pm
Restrictions: None
Prayer Basket


Let me begin by saying that last night was absolutely wonderful! I spent sometime with some friends…..that was long overdue. It is good to be loved. I had a wonderful, wonderful, wonderful time, and even if I only got a few short hours of sleep….my eyes will stop burning at some point, I am sure.

Second, I want to talk about my prayer basket. I have this blue basket hanging from my ceiling in my new room, and it is about ½ full of index cards that have a person’s name and specific prayer requests for that person written on them, and then they are folded over. Daily, after getting my coffee and before opening my Bible, I pick one out and that is my specific prayer for that day. Continually, all day I pray for this person and their needs. And I never tell anyone what the specifics on the card are, but when asked who is my prayer for the day, I will openly say the name. No shame in letting someone know that you are praying. Well, tonight, I added 6 new cards….and each one hurt. There’s a lot going on. I have gone from having a “full plate” to needing a basket. But you know what? There are so many different kinds of prayer requests in there, that it doesn’t bother me. I am praying for someone who wants to have a baby, a family that recently lost a loved one, a young teenage girl who was raped, a church that needs a preacher, a recently split marriage, and even the homeless man I saw on the corner today by Heather’s house. And those are just some of them. And it is the least I can do. So many people have had enough faith in God, and trust in me that I have been so openly blessed. I really am very blessed!

It seems like a lot has gone wrong in the last few months and people have been hurt, friendships have ended, new friendships have begun, people have had extra love and help for those who’ve needed it and then there have been people who have lost so much that they have nothing left. All since the end of May. And yet, here we sit, holding our heads high…..some hold them too high, and others not high enough…..but yet, we are all alive, and breathing. And blessed in God’s way.

I don’t know, just wanted to post it, since it has been on my mind. By the way, each and every one of my Missouri friends, Kansas friends, and New York friends has a card in that basket. Never doubt that I pray for you. And please, send me the new prayer requests. I would love to add more. Like I said, it is the least I can do!

Continuing to seek Him,
Beckie

© Copyright 2003 Bek (UN: the_bek at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Bek has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/249563-Prayer-Basket